Thread: Help with battery for remote and touchy throttle.

Users Country Flag

Thumbs up Help with battery for remote and touchy throttle.

Hello again.

The battery in the remote seems to be only lasting 5 to 6 weeks before I get a message that it needs to be replaced.
    I took it back to Battery World and they replaced one of the two batteries that I had bought. Same thing happened again.
    They do not last long at all.

The second problem I seem to be having is that the acceleration is not smooth on take off. Someone said it is the gearbox but is there any way of fixing and having very smooth and nice acceleration.

Thanks in advance for everyone who replied.
    George

Users Country Flag
    No, it won't be as smooth as a convential automatic transmission. Try lightly touching the throttle to get the car moving, before applying more to accelerate away.

If you've driven manual vehicles in the past, it's much the same idea.

As for the remote batteries, they're usually good for a few years. They're just a standard CR2032. Is it both remotes that are going through batteries? Or just one?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    just one by the look of things

Users Country Flag
    I have 4 remotes all over 5 years old have only had to replace one in a Passat remote.
    Do you carry it in a pocket with other things as something could be holding one of the buttons down. Had a Nokia phone once that used to bag dial the emergency service because I didnt lock the keyboard. Same sort of situation.

As far as the acceleration is concerned Drive it like you own it, not like you stole it. Ease it off the line gently before sticking your boot in. It is after all a manual with electronically operated clutches and not a slush box that you can plant your foot right into it without damage
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

The key sits in my pocket while I drive a ute for work, maybe what you said could be causing it.
    I will leave my key hanging on the wall at work. This experiment will take at least 6 weeks to see if it works.

Users Country Flag
    Regarding the lack of smooth acceleration on take off. Has it always been this way or just recently?
    If you've had any work done on the car, it's amazing how performing a basic throttle setting and a throttle kickdown basic setting with VCDS will help.

I have spoken with Elmura who said he will have a look and see if he can fix.
    Just recently I had the brake fluid changed, the mechanic drove the car and also noticed the acceleration was not smooth.
    They adjusted something which made it beautifully smooth but it only lasted one night. Then it went back to its old ways.