Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brake pads and Discs for 2010 CC TDI

Users Country Flag

BRAKES, it's BRAKES!!!!

If you don't have good brakes then something will break.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by brad View Post
    BRAKES, it's BRAKES!!!!

If you don't have good brakes then something will break.

What are you talking about?
    Hahaha, I have fixed the "broken" language
    My bad

Hi guys. I am new here. I am in the same boat. I need to replace front discs and pads on my 09 Passat Cc v6 3.6 L. I have heard there are 3 different sizes for my year of front discs. So I'll have to measure my rotors. Also regarding the brand of pads/discs. Any recommendations of a brand that is like factory stock ones? I called brakes plus they said they use RDA...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by haris2887 View Post
    Hi guys. I am new here. I am in the same boat. I need to replace front discs and pads on my 09 Passat Cc v6 3.6 L. I have heard there are 3 different sizes for my year of front discs. So I'll have to measure my rotors. Also regarding the brand of pads/discs. Any recommendations of a brand that is like factory stock ones? I called brakes plus they said they use RDA...

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
    Did you bother to read the thread?

Stay away from RDA - you can do a lot better for not a lot extra.

Your rotors are probably 345mm diameter x 30mm thick

Just get DBA OEM replacement plain face rotors for "normal" driving. They are <$200 a pair on eBay. If you want something "heavy duty" get the 4000 series plain face. They are about $410/pair DBA42808

Pads = Remsa for a budget priced direct OEM quality replacement with a small reduction in dust.

ATE ceramic if you want a huge reduction in dust for almost double the price.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Replaced front and rear discs and pads on 2009 CC TDI (first time pads and discs changed since car bought new) - rear discs were okay but just decided to do the lot myself. Bought Remsa pads and DBA (En-shield) discs (vented front and solid rear) - excellent stopping power and a lot less dust! Very happy with the combo - bought parts from Sparesbox - $425.20 total.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234