Thread: Any idea where I can buy a single wheel?

Users Country Flag

Any idea where I can buy a single wheel?

I bought my '09 CC with Interlagos' fitted.

The rear wheel on the drivers side keeps losing air. I took it to a type place and they submerged it in a tank and didn't see any bubbles but found out the wheel has been repaired at some point. They told me its probably losing air from that repaired area while driving (although it seems to lose air while sitting as well. Oh and the spare is worse with a visible crack.

So should I just call my local VW dealer and see how much a wheel is or is there a cheaper option?

Users Country Flag
    Go to a wrecker, you'll have a heart attack from the VW price

Users Country Flag
    certainly call your VW dealer - just so you can laugh at them & get a base price to compare to the wreckers.

I think the part number is 3C8601025D88Z.

Local price is probably ~ AUD950

ECS tuning will sell you a set of 4 for USD1300 + freight

About $390 plus freight from here
    Buy Car Parts VOLKSWAGEN 3C8601025D88Z bright chrome - Partsale.eu

Apart from that, scour the various AU based VW forums & put some WTBs in their classified areas plus look at eBay & Gumtree.

In the end, it might be cheaper to buy new, good quality, aftermarket wheels and sell off your old wheels to people that need spares
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag

Any idea where I can buy a single wheel?

Don't you have a full size spare with the matching wheel? It came with mine but not sure if that's standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by rjt86 View Post
    Don't you have a full size spare with the matching wheel? It came with mine but not sure if that's standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah this the sad part. The spare will be out on the kerb next time theres a council clean up, big chunks taken out of the outside rim and a hole in the side of the tyre i could put my pinkie through. As I was talking to the guy at the tyre place i looked at the spare and saw a big crack on the back of the rim.

As it stands I could live with using the repaired wheel as the spare and buying a new tyre for it. Then I would just have to replace one wheel.

I did use a parts locator and found a second hand set locally, with rubber but he won't split the set.

However I checked out ECS tuning and I am leaning towards buying a set of aftermarket rims and keeping the best of my original ones for a spare. The price with freight from what i can tell would be a bit less than the cost of the 2nd hand set.

I was actually expecting a steel wheel in the back but I looked online and could not find an 18.5" steel wheel made by VW (as that would be a good option for spare).

So, just reviewing my options.

Users Country Flag
    That's no good, I would consider selling my brand new spare with the original Continental Contiseal tyre on there but mines the factory diesel wheel...

Sounds like ecs tuning may be the way to go, or a new set of aftermarket wheels..

Users Country Flag

I have a set I'll sell you for $700 in excellent condition