Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

- Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

Latest pics

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-gallerylandscape-gurm8j-imagecut-2-1151x768-jpg

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-volkswagen-arteon-side-jpg

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-vw-arteon-1-jpg

Users Country Flag
    Love the lines. Most definitely going to be a stunning looking vehicle and a head turner for sure.

But it comes down to whether or not you wanna lay down at least 70k++ bones down for a decently optioned model and take a huge gamble with resale and VAG dealer/customer service/support?

I can't even get rid of my 2013 CC with almost every factory option except sunroof as it is.... bloody dieselgate. Fantastic cars, great to drive but boy did I get burnt.
    Last edited by Eaglen00b; 14-03-2017 at 05:34 PM.

1981 Honda Civic hatch. Proper AUTO REVERSE cassette player. AM/FM with Stereo speakers. Four (yep, FOUR!) speed manual. Full cloth trim seats. HALOGEN lightbulbs! Factory options fitted: rear wipers and washer, "Go Fast" wheel covers & electric front windows.

Users Country Flag

If the price is right, this will be my next car

Users Country Flag
    IMHO - the Arteon is shaping up as a nice R36 replacement. Looks much more compelling than the R-line 206.

Hopefully, the premium price also comes with a performance boost over the 206. I'm still leaning toward waiting for a Tesla Model 3 with ludicrous mode - though (wishfully thinking) an Arteon with a dual-motor electric drive-train (and acceleration to match) would be very compelling.

Any ideas on sound, will Dynaudio be an option?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag
    We should find out details in the next couple of months.... will be in dealerships from Sept. I would say the Arteon would be fully loaded like the 206 Passat with sunroof and metalic as the only two options.

I have a 206 on order but may change to this if price is not too much more... awaiting a call once they know rough pricing...

Some more info here

2018 Volkswagen Arteon liftback unveiled
    Last edited by Mr_206; 29-03-2017 at 01:18 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Reading the article about the Arteon in AutoBild.de from 9/3/17, it said that it was misssing something special, a must-have feature hinting about a new 3.0 VR6 (300kw) engine that VW is awaiting to be approved for production. With that, you could even see the return of proper Passat R in the future.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk
    MY15 TIGUAN 130TDI R-LINE - Pepper Grey, Panoramic Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    So apart from (the option of getting) matrix LED headlights and the badge... why would anybody pay the premium for the A5 sportback?

I currently have a Golf R, and was seriously contemplating a facelift 2.0L A5 Sportback, but the Arteon changes everything for me. I may aswell get this.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Also the fact that the A5 price would be alot more for similar performance (206kws!)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Also the fact that the A5 price would be alot more for similar performance (206kws!)
    I looked at Audi's recently and was quite disappointed.. High price, underwhelming performance - feels just like a VW on the inside. Not willing to pay $20K more for four rings and a little extra trim.

The A5 coupe looks good on the outside, but the performance is quite lame in most models. You have to pay ~$120K (plus options) for an S5 that can beat an R 206 (or R36 =P ).
    Last edited by nermal; 05-04-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast