Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

I've done 1500km and nothings blown up as yet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    Yeah that's why I'm cautious about recommending this mod, not sure if it is only in my head or not
    i've read on the Briskoda forum of a number of members who've reverted the manufacturer back to what it was, instead of "audi", as it started to cause some weird behaviour after a period of time.

then again, i've also heard of many that have had no issues and are quite happy with the improved throttle response.
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by dArK5HaD0w View Post
    i've read on the Briskoda forum of a number of members who've reverted the manufacturer back to what it was, instead of "audi", as it started to cause some weird behaviour after a period of time.
    Any idea on what sort of weird behaviour? Or got a link to where I can read up on other peoples experiences?

The reason I ask is... I just noticed something the other night, but I'm not sure if it's in my head or not.

And Blackpaladin67 - maybe you can test this for me on your car to see if it's the same....

With my headlight turn dial on "auto", if I push forward the left stalk on the steering wheel (the indicator stalk), the high beam lights go to "Auto" (aka Dynamic Light Assist). If I push forward again, they go to full time on (the high beam light on the dash goes blue). Pushing forward again, toggles back to Dynamic Light Assist (white high beam light on the dash with an "A" in the middle of it). The only way to get out of DLA/high beam on is to turn the headlight knob off Auto in any direction.

Pulling towards myself on the stalk does a manual high beam on. Like if I were to flash someone to warn of a speed camera or whatever. ....not that I do that cause that's naughty.

But what's strange is (and this is the bit I'm not sure is in my head) is that I thought before - pushing the stalk forward went through the following motions. Dynamic Light Assist -> High Beam On all the time -> Off. I don't remember having to turn the headlight knob to deactivate high beams or DLA mode.

I only ever tested it once, like 2 months ago...so I'm not sure if something has changed, or maybe I just remember things incorrectly.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Ahh you know what...never mind. I don't know why I asked... I just went to the garage and reverted it back to VW/Skoda. The behaviour is exactly the same. And I discovered I can turn the high beams off from the stalk when the headlight dial is in "auto" mode. The high beams have to be on full time, then when you pull back on the stalk, that turns them off. You can't turn them off by pulling back on the stalk when Dynamic Light Assist is enable, but you can when the high beam light on the dash is blue and the high beams are fully on.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Ahh you know what...never mind. I don't know why I asked... I just went to the garage and reverted it back to VW/Skoda. The behaviour is exactly the same. And I discovered I can turn the high beams off from the stalk when the headlight dial is in "auto" mode. The high beams have to be on full time, then when you pull back on the stalk, that turns them off. You can't turn them off by pulling back on the stalk when Dynamic Light Assist is enable, but you can when the high beam light on the dash is blue and the high beams are fully on.
    I did the highbeam auto memory mod so mine just automatically comes on as necessary and goes off and on in a totally random fashion while on the highway but nobody flashes me, so all is cool it even goes on to highbeam with a car 100m in front of me and when i pass them they dont seem fazed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Any idea on what sort of weird behaviour? Or got a link to where I can read up on other peoples experiences?
    i'll try and find the briskoda links and share it with u.

with regards to the "stalk" behaviour - mine does it as u described in the "before" state, i.e. High Beam Assist -> High Beam On (old skool)-> High Beam Off.
    there is no need to switch away from "Auto".

the oz specc'ed Superbs don't get Smart Light Assist (Dynamic Light Assist).
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

Users Country Flag
    Picked up my Arteon yesterday.

Time to put the Aurion out to pastures.

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-img_20180414_150530-jpg

My first VW. I have to admit, I was a Toyota "loyalist" until I realised the massive difference in tech.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by HiddenTaco View Post
    Picked up my Arteon yesterday.

Time to put the Aurion out to pastures.

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-img_20180414_150530-jpg

My first VW. I have to admit, I was a Toyota "loyalist" until I realised the massive difference in tech.

Congratulations on the purchase!! They're a fantastic car.

Users Country Flag
    As a side note - I have noticed a "bug" in the Performance Monitor software. It's happened 3 times so far, but it doesn't happen everytime.

So the scenario is... I have the Performance Monitors on the screen, and I turn the ignition off. The next day or a few days later when I start the ignition again (I've been working from home the last couple of weeks, so it may be a case of the ignition being off for 24-36-48hrs etc).

Anyway I start the ignition again, and the car turns on. The performance monitors come back on screen. From left to right I've got Oil Temp, Boost, Kw)

I drive off, and the oil temp software gauge never picks up a reading. Boost and Kw all work just fine. And even though on my virtual dash the water temp is at 90C, and I've been driving now for 20min or so... the oil temp still reads "---" . I then put my hand near the screen and flick the Oil Temp gauge up or down to change it, and then flick it back again to Oil Temp. It's only at that point it will pick up a reading. By which time the oil temp will be like 85C or whatever.

Like I said it doesn't do it everytime, but it has repeated itself a few times now over the last 2 months.

It's not a big deal and probably just a software bug, but I'm wondering if anybody else has experienced something similar?
    Ok so I've got an update on this... it's a bug in the MIB 2 headunit and not so much the car/sensor itself.

I noticed this morning, the temp came up on my virtual dash under driving data without any problem, but the virtual oil temp gauge on my MIB 2 headunit still showed "---". It wasn't until I went to the home screen, and back into the performance monitors that it displayed a temp.

So 100% a software bug, and 100% MIB 2 headunit related. I noticed there's a map update in Jan which I'm willing to be hasn't been applied to my car - and there might be a software/firmware update for the MIB 2 headunit in that bundle. So I'll apply that to see if it sorts it out.

Users Country Flag

Congratulations on the purchase!! They're a fantastic car.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by tigger73; 27-05-2018 at 11:04 PM.

Page 32 of 46 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast