Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

The Arteon's are starting to pop up on the show scene, classy looking rides.

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-vw-arteon-airride-dumped-porsche-tuning-2-jpg

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-vw-arteon-airride-dumped-porsche-tuning-3-jpg

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-vw-arteon-airride-dumped-porsche-tuning-5-jpg

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-vw-arteon-airride-dumped-porsche-tuning-6-jpg

2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread-vw-arteon-airride-dumped-porsche-tuning-7-jpg

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Anyone seen any on the road yet? Launch day is Monday in Vic!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Anyone seen any on the road yet? Launch day is Monday in Vic!
    Living in Canberra, the answer is a big fat No. I am still waiting to hear when they will commence delivery.

Is Launch day specific to VIC? On the website it just has the timer indicating a this coming Monday launch I am assuming Australia wide.

Users Country Flag
    I would think its Aus wide launch. im hoping to go see one at my dealer next week. Mine is still on the ship heading to Melb. ETA 24/10! Should have it by mid Nov i would think

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    I would think its Aus wide launch. im hoping to go see one at my dealer next week. Mine is still on the ship heading to Melb. ETA 24/10! Should have it by mid Nov i would think

I'm not going to be able to get to a dealer for a few weeks. If someone does get to one next week - can you report back on the following:

- Qi Wireless charger - does it have one?
    - RRP (so this is finally confirmed), and RRP of the options
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

So, looks like 4 Arteons have been loaded into Carsales.com.au prior to the official launch. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/vol...pDeal&limit=12

One of them has no price. The other 3, appear to be from Sydney City VW ("next to Sydney Airport..." in the blurb) apparently with cars in stock.

- There is one at $77,990 Drive away with the Sound and style package (Dynaudio and 20 inch Alloy's)
    - There are two at $79,990 which adds the sunroof as well.

Assuming then that the base model is around the mid $75k drive away, would suggest $10k of on roads (seems a bit high?) if the press RRP price of $65,490 is anything to go by.

We'll know Tuesday morning, 8am.
    Last edited by Demonoid; 22-10-2017 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonoid View Post
    So, looks like 4 Arteons have been loaded into Carsales.com.au prior to the official launch. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/vol...pDeal&limit=12

One of them has no price. The other 3, appear to be from Sydney City VW ("next to Sydney Airport..." in the blurb) apparently with cars in stock.

- There is one at $77,990 Drive away with the Sound and style package (Dynaudio and 20 inch Alloy's)
    - There are two at $79,990 which adds the sunroof as well.

Assuming then that the base model is around the mid $75k drive away, would suggest $10k of on roads (seems a bit high?) if the press RRP price of $65,490 is anything to go by.

We'll know Tuesday morning, 8am.
    Lct, vehicles over 65090
    They could pitch the base model below the threshold, but then it would be a 6k jump to add one option.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    2013 MY13.5 Passat V6 Highline Wagon. Watch this space
    GONE:2017 MY18 Skoda RS169 Wagon w/ Tech & Lux, 2007 VW MKV Golf GTi

Quote Originally Posted by 99_FGT View Post
    Lct, vehicles over 65090
    They could pitch the base model below the threshold, but then it would be a 6k jump to add one option.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk
    Yes good point. But even assuming $65,490 RRP the LCT would be negligible

LCT can be a complex beast - according to the ATO guidelines below (refer link), some on roads (e.g. Dealer delivery charges) are included in the LCT calculation, whereas others, such as rego, are not.

I guess it all depends on what is the best price you can negotiate with your dealer, or ask them to absorb all the on roads, or at least the ones that are used in the LCT calculation, in order to pay none or as little tax as possible.

(Access Denied)

Users Country Flag
    According to this: Luxury Car Tax Calculator - stratton Australia

The LCT on the Arteon should be about $118

$10K for "on roads" is very high. Probably a large chunk of that is "dealer delivery". AKA - "If you want the car now, this is what you need to pay us." I reckon the price will drop once more stock starts to enter the market.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag

ABT has done some cool stuff on the Arteon... Wishful thinking...

VW Arteon with 336 hp and 420 Nm

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast