Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    That's exactly what I have done... I thought about the Arteon, my guess is it will cost $80K+ for a fully loaded one and extended factory warranty. I love the looks of Arteon, especially that owned a CC before... The Superb 206 ticked all the boxes, it presents an amazing value for money.
    When my mates saw the car they were very impressed, they even thought Skoda is the brand sitting between VW and Audi lol

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk
    I have considered both briefly but went with (heart) and pulled the trigger on a Golf R Wolfie... though if they delay it longer and there is no decent communication, and if the Genesis G70 makes it here before the end of the year I may go with my head. That is a big if.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexed View Post
    That's exactly what I have done... I thought about the Arteon, my guess is it will cost $80K+ for a fully loaded one and extended factory warranty.
    Arteon fully loaded is around $74-75k with std 3 yr warranty. I told my dealer im not paying more than $70k. Its about $10k more than a 206 which i originally had on order.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Arteon fully loaded is around $74-75k with std 3 yr warranty. I told my dealer im not paying more than $70k. Its about $10k more than a 206 which i originally had on order.
    That's not too bad... Any idea how much it will cost to get extended factory warranty and a service contract maybe? I remember I was quoted $3500 for 2 years extended warranty for my CC.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Ah geez...see that's sooo borderline for me. Fully loaded Superb Sportline (5yr warranty) vs fully loaded Arteon (3yr warranty). I'd get the corporate discount on the Arteon which should knock it down to say about $67-$68k. But the same applies to the Skoda too, which would knock it into the mid $50's.

Yeah I can't make that call until I see the Areton in the flesh. If the Areton didn't exist, I'd be all over a Superb Sportline right now.

See one more thing that's tipping me towards the Areton though, is that just yesterday my wife put a deposit down and signed the paper work on a MY18 140 TDI Superb Wagon fully loaded. That's her upgrade from the Tiguan, and should arrive in November. And the *only* thing that's putting me off the Superb Sedan is... if I got one, we would literally have 2 Superbs. Which...I think is sort of silly. .....or is it?
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Ah geez...see that's sooo borderline for me. Fully loaded Superb Sportline (5yr warranty) vs fully loaded Arteon (3yr warranty). I'd get the corporate discount on the Arteon which should knock it down to say about $67-$68k. But the same applies to the Skoda too, which would knock it into the mid $50's.
    Yeah im getting corp discount also so hoping it will be around that price also!

Users Country Flag
    * [/B]thing that's putting me off the Superb Sedan is... if I got one, we would literally have 2 Superbs. Which...I think is sort of silly. .....or is it?
    nothing wrong with having two, especially if one is 140TDi and the other a 206TSi Sportline
    MY17 Superb 162TSI, Business Grey, Tech+Comfort Pack, APR ECU+TCU Stg 1, SLA, Rieger Splitter + Side Skirts, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Hardrace Swaybar, TPMS

I've registered my interest in one yesterday - and the dealer called today but I am in Shanghai so I'll sit down with him next week. Currently got the 7R which I love but now I am D-I-V-O-R-C-E-D I need a more sensible car to cart around a 13 year old and all the stuff that comes with being a responsible parent (we always had a second boring wagon for that).

I will likely lease it but am hoping I can land a fully loaded version for $67k-$68k as others have said here. Does anyone know when pricing will be more definite. I am thinking anything over $74k puts it out of contention for many and into Audi territory. If that's the case I would look at the Kia Stinger GT or something more staid like a Passat 206 R Line wagon....
    Golf 7R | 5 Door | Limestone Grey | DSG | Sunroof | Leather | Driver Assist | Tint | Formerly GTi11.5

Users Country Flag
    Article written in NZ a few days ago.
    _https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/road-tests/96325010/volkswagen-graduates-from-art-class-but-is-there-any-work-out-there

Pricing there is $75K NZD (I'm not sure if that's drive away or not).

If you work it on that and do a direct currency conversion – it's ~ $67300 AUD.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Article written in NZ a few days ago.
    _https://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/road-tests/96325010/volkswagen-graduates-from-art-class-but-is-there-any-work-out-there

Pricing there is $75K NZD (I'm not sure if that's drive away or not).

If you work it on that and do a direct currency conversion – it's ~ $67300 AUD.
    Yes I saw that article and was somewhat surprised that, if genuine, NZ VW has announced pricing before Australia.
    I dare say that is the RRP and not drive away.

My dealer said initially up to $10k more that the 206TSI Passat R-line which is as we know $57,990 RRP. So I think perhaps $67,990 is the absolute most I would be willing to pay (i.e. a $10k premium for essentially the styling and a couple of extra safety features). Corp discount plus GST savings from Novated lease will push it down to about $60k drive away I am hoping.

Incidentally, assuming this is not rated as a fuel efficient car, Luxury Tax threshold comes in at $65,094 for this FY so will be interesting to see if the RRP comes in below that.

Actually on the VW NZ site, there RRP price is definitely there for all to see $74,990 NZD

Volkswagen New Zealand - New Cars

Page 6 of 46 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast