Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by MrAskani View Post

So this isn't actually in the car any more? Even though it's supposed to be?
    It was never in the AU delivered Arteons. It _was_ in the MY17 Skoda Superb's but was removed. It was not an option in the MY18 Skoda Superbs.

It was an option in overseas markets when you upgraded the sound system to the Discover Pro, but has since been deleted as an option due to the regulatory requirements.

It was because it not only was a wireless charger, but it boosted mobile signal. And in Australia, you're not allowed to boost mobile signal.

Why they don't just put a normal (non-boosting) Qi charger there I don't know. That said, it's not like any phone after 2009 would fit anyway.

However, when we were looking at the Superb and we test drove the MY17 model - my Galaxy S7 Edge did fit very comfortably in the cubby where the wireless charger was. But it's a totally different design/layout on the Arteon.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    I was just wondering - how often does everyone use their adaptive high beam? I've used it a few times, but I'm still a bit uneasy about how quick/responsive it is and I'm conscious about blinding on-coming drivers.

Has anyone lowered or changed the wheels on their Arteon?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    I was just wondering - how often does everyone use their adaptive high beam? I've used it a few times, but I'm still a bit uneasy about how quick/responsive it is and I'm conscious about blinding on-coming drivers.
    I use it quiet a lot with my Superb. Good reaction times and the camera does a good job distinguishing between cars and objects/signs.
    I know the Arteon uses a different headlight system, but the camera and lighting brains r essentially the same between VW and Skoda.

I've got some vids here showing the high beams in action.....

YouTube

YouTube

Users Country Flag
    I wouldn't mind trying it with someone I know first to make a few passes to ensure it's actually working before I'd trust it tbh... Just for peace of mind?

@Dreamension what are you doing this week? Have a spare night to drive past each other a few times in the dark? lol
    ----------------------
    My Car: 2019 Arteon

Users Country Flag
    Curious if anyone else has had this issue - driving home from work today, low on fuel (range says 25 km, needle isn't on empty). The car just stops accelerating. When at a stop, the engine turns off and asks you to start the engine manually. And an error is presented relating to the start stop system. Managed to get it started once and drove into a roundabout, then the engine cut out again and rolled to a stop.

Currently waiting on VW roadside assist to come have a look, 70 minute eta on that. I'll scroll back through this thread to see if someone has mentioned this before in the meantime.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post

Used it heaps of time in the country, its awesome!... i love it when you approach a car from behind and it just blocks out theie car in the middle and has high beams all around them. Then just to show off i would then change lanes as speed up past them and you can see the "dark area" move around them till you pass them then it high beams everywhere again!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MrAskani View Post
    @Dreamension what are you doing this week? Have a spare night to drive past each other a few times in the dark? lol
    Possibly. After June 21st may be better though as the other half is in Nepal until then so I'm getting the kids sorted every night until she can tag me out.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by 05pirate View Post
    Curious if anyone else has had this issue - driving home from work today, low on fuel (range says 25 km, needle isn't on empty). The car just stops accelerating. When at a stop, the engine turns off and asks you to start the engine manually. And an error is presented relating to the start stop system. Managed to get it started once and drove into a roundabout, then the engine cut out again and rolled to a stop.

Currently waiting on VW roadside assist to come have a look, 70 minute eta on that. I'll scroll back through this thread to see if someone has mentioned this before in the meantime.

How long have you had the car and is this the lowest you've ever run the fuel? Where was the needle when it ran out or looked like it had a fuel starvation problem?

The reason I ask is - both MrAskani and myself know a guy here in Brisbane who also currently has a fuel issue with his Arteon. His gauge is completely inaccurate. When he fills up - it shows only 600km range. After 200km of driving, it still says 600km range and the needle is still on 100% full.

Then when the needle gets to like half way, he runs out of fuel and the tank is empty. It's happened to him a couple of times and he's trying to convince VW there's an issue. I'm actually surprised he's getting push back on it, but we've advised him to take it to a different VW dealer for another opinion.

Users Country Flag

Ive learnt to never trust the fuel range reading. My previous Audi A4 would say 30km fuel range left and then run out of fuel 200m down the road. It would show all other errors other than out of fuel.
    The lowest I've gone in the Arteon is the first red line on the gauge, which when filling up puts in 55 litres. So effectively there should be another 10 litres left until completely empty.

Page 38 of 46 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast