Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018MY Arteon Discussion Thread

Users Country Flag

Mines waiting to picked up.... not ready for it yet... most likely around 2nd week of Dec i'll go get mine! Looking fwd to it!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_206 View Post
    Mines waiting to picked up.... not ready for it yet... most likely around 2nd week of Dec i'll go get mine! Looking fwd to it!
    Did you weight it up against the Superb Sportline? And if so...what made you go for it?

On paper...I just can't get past the value you get with the Superb (same engine, same practicality, more "everyday" features) - and then there's that 5yr warranty. My only problem is...it looks like someone went through the 2004 Audi A4 parts bin with the panels.

The Arteon looks just so damn good. Assuming no discount on the Arteon, and corporate discount on the Skoda (which I can get) - we're talking like a $20k price difference. I'm just trying to convince myself LED headlights, a 360 degree camera, a drivers seat massage function and a full size spare are worth an extra $20k.
    My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Users Country Flag
    Yeah looked at the superb awhile back before the sportline came out. As much as its a nice car I just love the look and styling of the Arteon. It does feel more premium (to me anywhow) than the Skoda.

(Just wish VW had 5 yr warranty and DAB radio! but guess you can't have everything

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Did you weight it up against the Superb Sportline? And if so...what made you go for it?

On paper...I just can't get past the value you get with the Superb (same engine, same practicality, more "everyday" features) - and then there's that 5yr warranty. My only problem is...it looks like someone went through the 2004 Audi A4 parts bin with the panels.

The Arteon looks just so damn good. Assuming no discount on the Arteon, and corporate discount on the Skoda (which I can get) - we're talking like a $20k price difference. I'm just trying to convince myself LED headlights, a 360 degree camera, a drivers seat massage function and a full size spare are worth an extra $20k.
    As someone who has driven the Superb with Zenons and the Tiguan with LED's I reckon the Zenons are better or they were in my Superb. If the Arteon has DLA control for the LED's then that could tip the balance. Price an Arteon then spec an A4 to about the same price and see what the difference is in equipment? Is the A4 due for a model change yet?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozsko View Post
    As someone who has driven the Superb with Zenons and the Tiguan with LED's I reckon the Zenons are better or they were in my Superb. If the Arteon has DLA control for the LED's then that could tip the balance. Price an Arteon then spec an A4 to about the same price and see what the difference is in equipment? Is the A4 due for a model change yet?
    Arteon is comparable in size to the A7... i looked at the A5 sportback and its like a whole size smaller and with similar equipment your looking around 90-100k!

Not everyone wants a bigger car.

Users Country Flag
    Ok so I test drove one today.. here's one thing I noticed.

You can't use the HUD with polarised sunglasses. Seriously. You see absolutely nothing. So basically (for me) the HUD is useless during daylight driving (because all my sunglasses are polarised - and always have been).

Also I found out the seats are only heated (not heated and cooled like they are in the Superb).

As for driving the car...well.... I don't drive enough cars to notice the subtle difference between them all, but for me - it basically drives like every other VW I've ever driven. For me, it was very similar (though a little less punchy) than my current Golf R.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Also I found out the seats are only heated (not heated and cooled like they are in the Superb).
    Did the CC come with cooled seats?
    2018 Arteon R-Line - Black, Sunroof, Dynaudio, 20" Wheels, RacingLine: Stage 2 ECU+DSG|380mm BBK|Intercooler+Hoses|Oil Cooler|R600 Intake|Adjustable Front Droplinks|Dogbone Insert|Subframe Brace+Alignment Kit|Propshaft Alignment Kit, Milltek: Zirotec Downpipe, Harding: Front+Rear Sway Bars|Rear Droplinks, Other: OSRAM Dynamic Indicators, EvcX Throttle Controller, 034 (RED) Coil Packs, Various Carbon Bits
    2022 Tiguan Allspace R-Line, Grey - Sunroof, Harmon Kardon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by nermal View Post
    Did the CC come with cooled seats?
    Internet says yes.
    2012 Volkswagen CC Launch Review

It looks like it was a $750 option for heated & cooled seats with massage function.

Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast