Thread: 09 3CC FSI bluetooth

Users Country Flag

09 3CC FSI bluetooth

Hey guys,

Today i bought an 09 FSI 3CC. Loven the car, but i can't seem to pair my phone. I have the satnav headunit even has 'phone' button. I've followed the guides i've found on the internet/etc, but no dice. i've done some googling and apparently i might be missing a module. I'm not too sure what model numbers i have (satnav unit) or need (module to purchase). is there a sure fire way to work out the models needed?

Sorry if this has been asked a few times, but there just seems to be so much information out there, i'd like to know specifics before committing.

thanks!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    Hey guys,

Today i bought an 09 FSI 3CC. Loven the car, but i can't seem to pair my phone. I have the satnav headunit even has 'phone' button. I've followed the guides i've found on the internet/etc, but no dice. i've done some googling and apparently i might be missing a module. I'm not too sure what model numbers i have (satnav unit) or need (module to purchase). is there a sure fire way to work out the models needed?

Sorry if this has been asked a few times, but there just seems to be so much information out there, i'd like to know specifics before committing.

thanks!
    Unfortunately the presence of phone button doesn't indicate that you have the Bluetooth module installed.
    Wasn't standard until my10.5 I think.
    You can add the Bluetooth module to gain this functionality.
    It lives under the driver seat in its factory location but if installed aftermarket is often behind the climatronics panel as there is space there.
    If your phone can't see a vwphone or similar to pair with then you don't have one to connect to.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Unfortunately the presence of phone button doesn't indicate that you have the Bluetooth module installed.
    Wasn't standard until my10.5 I think.
    You can add the Bluetooth module to gain this functionality.
    It lives under the driver seat in its factory location but if installed aftermarket is often behind the climatronics panel as there is space there.
    If your phone can't see a vwphone or similar to pair with then you don't have one to connect to.
    thanks!
    I can't see the vmphone or anything as such when it try and pair. I checked under the drivers seat and can't see anything other than the elec seat controls.
    Do you happen to know the module i need to purchase, and if it's as simple as mounting and plugging in?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Miff View Post
    thanks!
    I can't see the vmphone or anything as such when it try and pair. I checked under the drivers seat and can't see anything other than the elec seat controls.
    Do you happen to know the module i need to purchase, and if it's as simple as mounting and plugging in?
    The OEM Bluetooth unit is know as 9w7 (the PR code) but you can also use a 9za or 9zz. You can buy a plug n play kit that includes the required harness and microphone.
    There is also a good aftermarket kit from Mobridge.
    Don't go for a Kufactec module I have yet to meet someone with this kit who has anything but the harshest words for it...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500