Hello everyone in up! land. I've been on this forum for a fair while in the 6R Polo section, with that car belonging to my sister, but with my 18th birthday a mere two months away, the search for my first car is well underway.
Originally the parent's Megane (listed in my signature below) was to be passed down, however things have changed and I am now looking for something relatively inexpensive and also a bit of fun to steer (even if a tad slow). up! has many favourable reviews and my google and forum searches have concluded that there are few major issues, with the only blot on that record being slightly noisy gearboxes... I can live with that.
My question to you, people with up! experience: what are the main things to look out for when purchasing a used up!? (that's the correct punctuation in this case, yes?). Oh, and, is there any reason to totally avoid the things altogether?

The one I was set on was a 3-door, silver, 46k with the cool gloss black/machined face wheels. That one sold today, and no, not to me
So, my next favourite on CarSales is a 5-door (boo!) but with pano roof, comfort drive and comfort style packs, maps + more etc. (fully loaded). It's silver, 61k on the odo, and they're asking $7200 sans rego. Sound ok to you guys?

Thanks for your help

Alex.