Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: about VW ON-LINE programming

about VW ON-LINE programming

I am going to install a Instrument Cluster with Color MFA on tiguan.
    but online programming is required.
    who knows which dealer can make it and how much $$$ will be charged in SYD
    Tiguan 125TSI DSG7 naked version with RVC ,BT9w7 ,OPS ,PLA1.5 ,RNS510 ,150W AC-POWER ,FOG light,LED DRL installed at home
    Multivan comfortline 2.TDI DSG7 with RVC BT9w7 ,OPS,RNS510

You'll be lucky if the dealer even knows what code to change.

Best to ask the MFA seller what the code is and get someone with VCDS to help you out.

ON-LINE programming is nothing about coding.
    Tiguan 125TSI DSG7 naked version with RVC ,BT9w7 ,OPS ,PLA1.5 ,RNS510 ,150W AC-POWER ,FOG light,LED DRL installed at home

What is it about then? When I read the 'online programming' phrase it was on that CarSales.pl website so it is quite possibly just a bad translation - I could be wrong though.

to change a instrument , an ECU or add a key must be ONLINE (means the dealer's computer connectting to VW.de to auth. the info. of the car) programming .

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    What is it about then? When I read the 'online programming' phrase it was on that CarSales.pl website so it is quite possibly just a bad translation - I could be wrong though.
    The words used for other things are "VCDS Coding after installation required" so I don't think it's translated wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by morning View Post
    to change a instrument , an ECU or add a key must be ONLINE (means the dealer's computer connectting to VW.de to auth. the info. of the car) programming .
    Are Odometer readings stored in the cluster or the ECU these days?? Just wondering if that has something to do with it?

I do wonder how the process goes? As in can you do a DIY install then front up for the dealership to plug in and tweak it to work?
    OR
    Does it need to be hooked up to the computer, tweaked, swapped and tweaked again??

The latter being more involved and therefore more expensive. Mind you the bigger question is can you find a dealer who is willing to do the coding for you in the first place? I know the troubles people are having trying to find ANYONE to retrofit reversing cameras for them and having done it it's really not all that hard. I'm starting to wonder if they are simply not trained to do anything at all outside the box therefore won't even consider these things.

If it has an engine or heartbeat it's going to cost you. | Refer a Friend - AussieBroadband $50 Credit

Users Country Flag
    Hawk your probably correct that most arent trained for stuff outside the box because of that very reason, most of this 'outside of the box' stuff is not warrantable so theres no reason VW would teach us how to do it.

In relation OP question, i dont think there would be a problem for a dealer to fit the cluster and get it working, but whether your cars electrics are set up for it are another story.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    The latter being more involved and therefore more expensive. Mind you the bigger question is can you find a dealer who is willing to do the coding for you in the first place? I know the troubles people are having trying to find ANYONE to retrofit reversing cameras for them and having done it it's really not all that hard. I'm starting to wonder if they are simply not trained to do anything at all outside the box therefore won't even consider these things.
    RVC installation is no need to ONLINE PROGRAMMING . I have succeed in installing RVC with RNS510 on my tiguan by myself.

He already hsa retrofitted his own RVC, as have I. Was just a comparison of another task VW dealers don't want to perform.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by morning View Post
    Who told you that? I'm just asking, since the dealers will not recognise the VCDS when you ask them, for very same reason - training outside of box. Email Ross-tech see what they say.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast