Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stage 2 118 TSI Upgrade

This is looking from the back of the engine bay towards the front. Top left plastic is the front fan assembly. Currently only have minor heat shielding on the upper cables. Have done some good traffic for around 45 minutes with no melted plastic or wires. There seems to be about 25mm between the downpipe and anything else until the turbo boost pipe at the bottom. The metallic boost pipe you can see passing under the downpipe in the picture in post #8 above. This would be getting some serious heat and even with the bigger intercooler i feel like I'm getting some heat soak after driving for a while.
    Stage 2 118 TSI Upgrade-img_3775-jpg

View from the rear...
    Stage 2 118 TSI Upgrade-img_3852-jpg

The exhaust is un resonated and pretty boomy under acceleration as a result. A bit too loud so im looking at options to quiet it down. If anyone has any resonator or muffler suggestions for the centre channel i'd love to hear them.

After about a month of driving I've noticed the following:

1. A high pitch squeal under turbo boost, like the noise made by blowing across two sheets of paper. Changed out the diverter valve for the previous one with a GFB DV+ attached, which seems to have reduced it significantly and has completely eliminated the post acceleration turbo flutter. Still suspicious of a slight boost leak.

2. Heat soak feels noticeable after some hard driving (even with the S3 intercooler). Intercooler return, which passes under the downpipe is getting rather hot now. Some sort of insulation is needed there.

3. Boost limp still seems to happen occasionally (limited to 15PSI). Can be cleared by re setting the APR map mode, although sometimes it clears itself. Does anyone know what causes this? I remember reading some previous threads mentioning the knock sensor settings being too sensitive under the APR maps.

In general, the supercharger boost is definitely less peaky now, instead it seems much more linear and focused on the top end. The exhaust genuinely pops now once it's warmed up. The ESP cutouts on acceleration through corners are now fun with even more exhaust pops. Starting to think a WOT Box and short shift would be very fun on this setup for flat shifting but I think this is as far as the mods will go on this car.

Anyone know a good dyno for a test in Sydney?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12