Hey guys,

I have a 2002 GTI Mk4 Turbo golf and just have a few questions about performance upgrades.

1. Diverter Valve - Is it possible to run a proper blow off valve or even a diverter valve that sounds nice when getting off boost? Or is it not possible with these GTI's?

2. APR Chip - I have been told by a dealer that I may not be able to have my GTI chipped as it could contain a soldered in chip and unable to be flashed? Is this model specific / how can i find out if my ECU is flashable or not?

3. Air intake upgrade - Has anyone removed there airbox and run a straight pipe with a pod filter on it to achieve some more induction noise and less restriction?

4. Do these golfs require any type of boost control or is this done electronically controlled by the ECU and gets adjusted?

5. What exhaust system size to people usually go for? I was just going to replace the down pipe from the turbo but I want the car to sound tougher so want to swap the entire system out for something bigger and nicer noted.

6. Is it worthwile getting a front mount intercooler and if so is it difficult to install?

7. Are there any parts differences required between stage 1 and stage 2 tune upgrades or is it pretty much the same just with more strain on the current bolt on setup

And last of all where is everyone buying there performance parts from here in Australia? I can not find anything online other then ebay which still sends the stuff from overseas which costs hundreds of dollars in postage.

Thanks fellas! Looking forward to hearing a response