DNA Tuning (Australia)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mk7 R Res Delete

Users Country Flag

Mk7 R Res Delete

Where have people been buying their res delete pipes from and is it worth it sound wise?? I've been thinking of getting the Remus one but can't see too many others companies that sell it? Cheers!

Users Country Flag
    A good exhaust place can just put you in a good quality pipe, rather than spending money on an actual pipe. Rob Bliss in Geebung Brisbane did an excellent job on mine and the noise is fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    A good exhaust place can just put you in a good quality pipe, rather than spending money on an actual pipe. Rob Bliss in Geebung Brisbane did an excellent job on mine and the noise is fantastic.

What did it set you back? Do you get any drone, I only want a bit more noise without is sounding obnoxious? I was thinking I liked the pre-made pipe as it is not welded and easier to revert back to stock if required.

Users Country Flag
    Funny you should say that. Rob Bliss made mine easy and to change. One side is bolted together and the other uses the sleeve. He the put a plate on the Resonator he took off so it could be bolted back in place. I think is was $150 all up. The noise is awesome, normal driving you would never know until you get in it the the car sounds like it should. I've coded my flaps to always stay open too. I like the drone but the kids sat in the back don't do I lines the spare wheel well with some sound deadening material, not sure if this helped. Over all drive normal and you would never know.

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Golf R Resonator Delete Flaps Open - YouTube

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Users Country Flag
    Link to a thread I started with pictures of what I had done.
    Resonator Delete Options

Resonator Delete Options

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Funny you should say that. Rob Bliss made mine easy and to change. One side is bolted together and the other uses the sleeve. He the put a plate on the Resonator he took off so it could be bolted back in place. I think is was $150 all up. The noise is awesome, normal driving you would never know until you get in it the the car sounds like it should. I've coded my flaps to always stay open too. I like the drone but the kids sat in the back don't do I lines the spare wheel well with some sound deadening material, not sure if this helped. Over all drive normal and you would never know.

$150 makes sense to use them as the Remus pipe is $185 and then I would still need to fit it. Great idea to fit out the existing res to be able to be used later. I'll mention that to them and they might remember your install! I've tried the exhaust flaps permanently open for a month or so but found the drone too much. Between 1500 to 2000rpm felt like my ear drums would pop and thats where the car seems to sit when in traffic. It does sound much better at idle though.

Users Country Flag
    Yes Rob Bliss was very good and he's done many of these. Took him about an hour.

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Cheers for the advise. Your car sounds good, pretty much exactly what I want. I'll be making a phonecall to Rob soon to book it in.

Users Country Flag

I've got a genuine Audi one I can sell you. Turns out it doesn't fit my Wolfsburg wagon.
    Mk 7 R Wagon Wolfsburg. APR Stage 1. Removable towbar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast