Thread: Mk7 Golf GTI - Noisy exhaust

Mk7 Golf GTI - Noisy exhaust

Hi all I posted a few weeks back about my sons GTI tyre problem now all sorted , he now would like to know what options are around for two things . Cold Air Induction and then to make the exhaust note a bit more raspy , some idiot friend of his suggested a spacer with a gap in the main exhaust pipe to allow some noise to escape before it goes through the end silencing components . Sorry for not knowing all the tech terms forgive me I drive a pitiful 2.0 petrol powered T5 Transporter , I do wish when I had the opportunity around 12 years ago when it was new to whack an aftermarket Turbo onto it .Now sadly at 300000 plus kays a Turbo would be sure to blow the bloody thing to smithereens !! Thanks for any suggestions on the Golf . 2015 model .

If he would like to keep the stock exhaust, a resonator delete would be the cheapest option to have a nice tone. Any exhaust shop can do this for cheap. $100-$300. Replace resonator with a straight pipe. Gives it a nice tone when hard on the foot but still quiet when cruising.

I had it done a few weeks ago and recommend

Users Country Flag
    Yes as described above, a resonator delete is a very quick, affordable way (and reversible) to give the exhaust some extra volume. Literally any exhaust shop could do this work for you, but if it was me i would go to a better exhaust shop, pay a little more and have the job done neatly using stainless steel pipe and welded back up with a Tig welder.

As for the intake, your sons cheapest option would be something like the CTS intake https://vtechaus.com.au/products/cts...lfr-golf-a3-s3. Its not cheap (especially compared to the resonator delete) but its about the most affordable intake to suit the MK7 GTI and R.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Thanks so far guys I do know a good exhaust shop had my cat "fixed" a year or so back in my T5 as I thought the engine was knackered , amazing how much better it ran after being "fixed "LOL I will pass on the info about the cold air kit to him .