Support VWWC

Thread: haltech plu n play ECU

Users Country Flag

haltech plu n play ECU

VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda | Haltech - Engine Management Systems

I've got a VW polo gti 9n3 gti 06-09. This haltech ECU has been tested on AWP versions of the 20V 1.8T. From what I've been able to find, cars that run this engine such as the 8N audi TT and mk4 golf gti run a bosch Me7.5 ECU like the BJX in my car which is a good start.
    Haltech said to me that provided my ECU for my BJX code engine has the same pin outs as that of the ecu for the AWP engines and runs the same CAN comms protocol, that this haltech will work on my car. Can anyone familiar with ECU's for AWP versus BJX engines shed some light on whether the pinouts or CAN vary?

thx
    sam

They are both Small port/DBW/ VVT motors, which is a good start, but you will need to get a proper dealer manual, to confirm

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    really the question could be will a golf gti mk4's 032HJ ecu swap with a polo 9N3 Gti's 032TL?

I would probably look to VWVortex for the larger pool of knowledge on this sort of thing
    just watch out for the "nah you need" ...this or that or whatever �� Just ask if the ecu's are interchangeable or the pin out diagrams

yeah those threads can get strange can't they. Thanks.

Users Country Flag
    Same as the bjx yes. CAN protocol stayed the same from the very early 06a motor to the latest 2004/5 variant.

Interesting to see haltech jump in to the me7.x field. I know of a few people who would be ultra extatic that haltech can now be integrated in to the vag cars by way of pnp although the software and logging frequency still has some kinks to get it up to scratch.

Nice find.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    SPA Top Mount | GT3076R | 2200cc | Vi-PEC Standalone | Gizzmo EBC | BUILT Bottom End | BUILT Head | Bosch 040 & BIG Plumbing | Plenty of Bolt-Ons | Plenty of CUSTOM work | Plenty of PAIN

hey thanks for the last few replies. been off here for a little bit. Super stoked that those ecu's are interchangeable cos that might mean it'd be plug and play. Still concerned about the protoacol though as the 1.8T in my car was sold 06-09'. Apparently the only fiddly thing wiring-wise is to mount and wire in haltech's own air temp sensor.
    Ps can't take credit for the detective work. That goes to mmmracer on skoda fab forums. I just made a few calls after the tip off.

Link have pnp ecu's

There's a chance I may actually go ahead with this. I've looked at eurodyne software but from comments I've read and from what I can see the tuning interace looks a bit clunky and not really intuitive. I looked into the link plug n play ECU's after the above comment and pretty much have it down to either the Link or the Haltech.
    So has anyone got experience of either of these ECU's on DBW 1.8T 20V's? I'd love to know if possible which one is preferred by tuners and drivers. What concerns me most is the light throttle driveability, idle, starting, etc. I've seen a few plug n plays where they are great at full noise but just can't come close to OEM characteristics when it comes to pedestrian driving. I've seen some that are atrocious in this respect so I'd love to get some feedback if possible.

thanks
    sam