DNA Tuning (Australia)

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLF R Tuned By BPS in Brisbane

Users Country Flag

GOLF R Tuned By BPS in Brisbane

Hi,

After looking around at options to tune my Golf R a friend of mine recommended Bayside Performance Services in Cleveland, Brisbane. BPS Owner James has been tuning vehicles such as porches, BMW, Mercedes and VW/Audi for almost 30 years. In fact there was a hot C63 and a 911 parked up there when I went there. Anyways, BPS have a level 1 tune package for the Golf R that includes the following;
    • Stock Dyno Chart
    • Level 1 tune (vehicle specific)
    • Post Tune Dyno Chart
    • Free Back to Base tune service

All this for $1095. Very good value indeed!

The reason I decided to use BPS over APR (and others) was that I wanted the before and after Dyno charts for peace of mind. I also like the fact that James writes the software himself and you get to talk to him in person. Most of all I wanted the tune to be specific to my vehicle and done on the on site Dyno at BPS and not just one tune fits all like some other places do. Now for the results...

My Golf R dyno'd at 137awKw stock and then increased upto 171awKw post level 1 tune. Not bad considering an APR Stage II tuned vehcile was recently Dyno'd at 177awkw and the result posted on this forum.

The numbers only tell part of the story as the car has been completely transformed on road with more torque now 392nm at the wheels and it is much more fun to drive. I cannot recommend James and the guys at BPS highly enough for VW tuning. Thanks!

I can't wait for the next level from BPS which will include TBE, Fuel pump, Intercooler etc which they are currently working on. Hopefully that will be very reasonably priced also!

I have the Dyno results chart but don't two how to put it up on this site yet! Feel free to PM me with your email address can send it to you if you want.

James and BPS details are as follows;

Phone: 07 3488 2911
    James@bpschiptek.com
    Bayside Performance Services

Users Country Flag
    Hey Jason X. Thanks for the feedback. The price seems very reasonable for the package you're receiving and a 34awKw increase is not bad at all.

The peak figure you achieved of 177awKw itself doesn't really mean too much - as you pointed out, another person with Stage II apparently gets 177 as well, and yet another person with Stage I last week gets 192awKw! But what is important that on the same day you've done a before and an after and showed a noticeable increase.

And most importantly, you're happy with how it drives AND you're happy with the service!

p.s. You need to use an online photo hosting service such as Photobucket. Upload your photos there, then copy the [ IMG ] tag links that they provide into a post here.

Great to see that more options are becoming available for the R, doesn't hurt that it's reasonably priced too!

Keep us updated, Jason.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Hay13 View Post
    Great to see that more options are becoming available for the R, doesn't hurt that it's reasonably priced too!
    Yeah - I think that there are more options out there than people realise.

Unfortunately too many companies are just not great with updating their website. There are at least 3 people here thus far with tunes from companies who's website does mention the fact that they have a product available for their R, Jason X included! That just leaves the old fashioned methods of actually calling and talking to a real person!

Users Country Flag
    I think from this thread we can now safely say there is about 25% drivetrain loss with AWD.
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason X View Post
    Hi,

After looking around at options to tune my Golf R a friend of mine recommended Bayside Performance Services in Cleveland, Brisbane. BPS Owner James has been tuning vehicles such as porches, BMW, Mercedes and VW/Audi for almost 30 years. In fact there was a hot C63 and a 911 parked up there when I went there. Anyways, BPS have a level 1 tune package for the Golf R that includes the following;
    • Stock Dyno Chart
    • Level 1 tune (vehicle specific)
    • Post Tune Dyno Chart
    • Free Back to Base tune service

All this for $1095. Very good value indeed!

The reason I decided to use BPS over APR (and others) was that I wanted the before and after Dyno charts for peace of mind. I also like the fact that James writes the software himself and you get to talk to him in person. Most of all I wanted the tune to be specific to my vehicle and done on the on site Dyno at BPS and not just one tune fits all like some other places do. Now for the results...

My Golf R dyno'd at 137awKw stock and then increased upto 171awKw post level 1 tune. Not bad considering an APR Stage II tuned vehcile was recently Dyno'd at 177awkw and the result posted on this forum.

The numbers only tell part of the story as the car has been completely transformed on road with more torque now 392nm at the wheels and it is much more fun to drive. I cannot recommend James and the guys at BPS highly enough for VW tuning. Thanks!

I can't wait for the next level from BPS which will include TBE, Fuel pump, Intercooler etc which they are currently working on. Hopefully that will be very reasonably priced also!

I have the Dyno results chart but don't two how to put it up on this site yet! Feel free to PM me with your email address can send it to you if you want.

James and BPS details are as follows;

Phone: 07 3488 2911
    James@bpschiptek.com
    Bayside Performance Services
    I am definitely a fan of getting a custom tune for MY car - cause there is no question that every car's motor is DEFINITELY different, and yields slightly different power outputs/tolerances.

Anyone in Sydney do this tune and deal?

The increase at the wheels is awesome.

Dave_R (memeber on here) only got 167KWs at the wheels with the APR tune STG 1.. up from 150KW that he baselined at.

After driving in a STG 1 APR.. 190 at the wheels is utterly impossible. No questions about it.

I'd say another 20 at the wheels is on the money for the APR tune.

This looks promising for the money and also is custom.

Any chance of a 0-100 run before and after the tune?

That would seal the deal.
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    After driving in a STG 1 APR.. 190 at the wheels is utterly impossible. No questions about it.

But the difference is he went on a HUB dyno those are known to read higher, if he went on a roller dyno I may have been a bit more interested.
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    I am definitely a fan of getting a custom tune for MY car - cause there is no question that every car's motor is DEFINITELY different, and yields slightly different power outputs/tolerances.

Anyone in Sydney do this tune and deal?

The increase at the wheels is awesome.

Dave_R (memeber on here) only got 167KWs at the wheels with the APR tune STG 1.. up from 150KW that he baselined at.

This looks promising for the money and also is custom.

Any chance of a 0-100 run before and after the tune?

That would seal the deal.
    Your exactly right every car is different and that is why I didn't go with APR as I wanted to get REAL VALUE for my doller and know that my car was tuned on a dyno by a real technician with before and after dyno charts and a vehicle specific result. I will see what I can do about getting a 0-100 run what is the best equipment to use for that??

My car was brand new and only had 65kms on the odometer so am I right in assuming the result would have been even better had the car been run in more?? Still 171awkw is great considering it hasn't even be run in yet.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast