Thread: Exhaust and Error Codes

Exhaust and Error Codes

I posted this in the MK5 section but I think it's actually more appropriate here...

I've got a TBE with a 200 cell metallic cat ready to be installed on the car. I'm also getting a stage 1 tune (which will have the exhaust written into it) but I'm a couple of weeks away from having that done.

I'm assuming that a TBE with 200 cell cat will throw an error from the sensors on the exhaust? My question is, if I get it installed and it does error is that going to cause any issues driving the car in the mean time, before I get the tune with the sensor written into it? I need to drive a couple of hundred kms over the next week and can't afford to not have the car running well. Or will I just have a light on the dash but no effect on car performance?

Any experience people have had with this would be much appreciated.
    MY07 GOLF GTI
    5-Door l Tornado Red l DSG l Leather l Xenons l MFD2 l TCP T.B.E l DNA stage 1

Users Country Flag

You shouldn't have any issues with driving the car before getting the tune installed. Yes it may throw a CEL but it will be because the sensor thinks your cat is busted due it seeing higher flow than it expects. You can get around it by fitting one of the spacers that are available if you are worried.
    Golf R 5 door, DSG, EVOMS CAI, TXS DP, Recode Tune.