Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLF R Tuned By BPS in Brisbane

Quote Originally Posted by masev View Post
    The Sydney dealer is Silverwater Automotive Services

I'll be making the call on Tuesday....
    Keep us posted

I'd be very interested if there is someone in melbourne who does this...anyone know of a place?

Quote Originally Posted by masev View Post
    The Sydney dealer is Silverwater Automotive Services

I'll be making the call on Tuesday....
    I dont think thats correct. As far as I'm aware I think we are the only place in NSW that is doing custom tuning of the R's and in fact many others. Most places simply do not have the capability here using their parent companies to provide a solution so the others are shelf tunes. Not that you should discount the shelf stuff because it might be exactly what you need and but I just thought I'd chime in and wave my flag
    Heres an earlier car for you which we will complete when the owner returns from OS
    http://recode.net.au/index.php?p=1_12
    This is just sorting the top end to see where it begins pulling timing with completely stock hardware. The bottom end will look a lot different in the next one
    Last edited by parso_rex; 14-02-2011 at 06:02 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    Chiptorque?

Sounds good, let us know the goods when you do.
    Because all this time, SAS has a sign saying "Chiptorque" at the front.. I thought it was called Chiptorque! My bad!

And Im not sure Parso_rex, isnt James928 saying he did his tuning himself also?
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by parso_rex View Post
    I dont think thats correct. As far as I'm aware I think we are the only place in NSW that is doing custom tuning of the R's and in fact many others. Most places simply do not have the capability here using their parent companies to provide a solution so the others are shelf tunes. Not that you should discount the shelf stuff because it might be exactly what you need and but I just thought I'd chime in and wave my flag
    Heres an earlier car for you which we will complete when the owner returns from OS
    </title> <meta name="keywords" content=""></meta> <meta name="description" content=""></meta> <meta content="" http-equiv="Content-Type"></meta> <style type="text/css"> </style> <meta name="SKYPE_FRAMEID" content="PLOAKUREMR"></meta> <meta name="SKYP
    This is just sorting the top end to see where it begins pulling timing with completely stock hardware. The bottom end will look a lot different in the next one
    SAS has all the required equipment and software to carry out a full custom tune. The programing, re-coding and checksums will all be done on site by David Alexander. BPS has all the required DAMOS and a2l files relating to the MED17.5 and MED9.1 control units these vehicles use. We do not base our re-mapping on an off the shelf file, all files are written by hand

So do we have enough Golf R's available now for a Brisbane Dyno day (Or Sydney / Melbourne), I'm sure James & Jason are up for it?

Someone pick an AWD dyno somewhere, and lets get some different cars, side by side on the dyno. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to see that. We can get plenty of R's with different mods to attend-

Also we should get an independent forum member to do some data logs for comparison, lets see who is making best use of available fuel, what their EGT's are like, most importantly, lets see some torque curve comparisons!

You up for it James?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy_H View Post
    So do we have enough Golf R's available now for a Brisbane Dyno day (Or Sydney / Melbourne), I'm sure James & Jason are up for it?

Someone pick an AWD dyno somewhere, and lets get some different cars, side by side on the dyno. I'm sure there are plenty of people who would love to see that. We can get plenty of R's with different mods to attend-

Also we should get an independent forum member to do some data logs for comparison, lets see who is making best use of available fuel, what their EGT's are like, most importantly, lets see some torque curve comparisons!

You up for it James?
    You know I am

Quote Originally Posted by james928 View Post
    SAS has all the required equipment and software to carry out a full custom tune. The programing, re-coding and checksums will all be done on site by David Alexander. BPS has all the required DAMOS and a2l files relating to the MED17.5 and MED9.1 control units these vehicles use. We do not base our re-mapping on an off the shelf file, all files are written by hand
    Cool I take it back, thats handy to know and it sounds exactly like ourselves.

Users Country Flag
    Will we be tuning cars from scratch? I sure this would be a great way to showcase all our abilities. No internet connection allowed

that would eliminate an awful lot of people LOL

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast