DNA Tuning (Australia)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: GOLF R Tuned By BPS in Brisbane

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

The dyno was a Dyno Dynamics 4wd Roller Dyno and they used stability 4in shoot 44. So it was definately a Roller dyno and accurate. I too don't believe 190awkw is achievable with APR Stage ! and especially not on a roller dyno.

http://www.bpschiptek.com.au/News/?f...64&ct_id=0&i=1
    Last edited by Jason X; 12-02-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason X View Post
    The dyno was a Dyno Dynamics 4wd Roller Dyno and they used stability 4in shoot 44. So it was definately a Roller dyno and accurate. I too don't believe 190awkw is achievable with APR Stage ! and especially not on a roller dyno.

Bayside Performance Services - News Board - Goll R Tuning - Bayside Performance Services
    Exactly what I said dude on the previous page. And it's good that you have before and after dyno's to show your gains so you can not only feel but also see a difference on paper!
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanCorp View Post
    But the difference is he went on a HUB dyno those are known to read higher, if he went on a roller dyno I may have been a bit more interested.
    OH SNAP!! LMAO at quoting figures of 190KWs then.

If its a HUB dyno, thats the ones where they take your wheels off and just plug your car's hubs onto those water resisted boxes?? Yeek!!

They are more precise for tuning, cause they are more sensitive to input, that much I can appreciate. Nearly no loss of traction, and the engine almost always connected to the dyno.

But their power readings are useless to work out anything other than some differences of before and after. (and 40 extra HUB KILOWATTS is not equal to 40 extra Wheel kilowatts either.)

My MY09 WRX with an ECUTEK got 209KW @HUBS. Actually, any "stg 1" WRX MY09 or newer will get around 205-210KWs at the hubs using just the ECUTEK tune. (lol but I can tell you now the car aint no solid mid-12 sec weapon with just a tune.)

It probably a genuine 170KWs at the wheels If it is lucky.

Which makes the GOLFs figures that Jason X got pretty impressive. Nearly no KM's on it (67 was it?) and it already making 171 at the wheels on a dyno dynamics dyno with shoot out mode enabled.

All for $1000!! Me likey. This looks like the best tune TO ME so far.

Everyone reading this though make your own choice.
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

2017 MY17 TIGUAN HIGHLINE - 5DR | DSG | PEARL BLACK | SUNROOF + DAP |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    I am definitely a fan of getting a custom tune for MY car - cause there is no question that every car's motor is DEFINITELY different, and yields slightly different power outputs/tolerances.

Anyone in Sydney do this tune and deal?

The increase at the wheels is awesome.

Dave_R (memeber on here) only got 167KWs at the wheels with the APR tune STG 1.. up from 150KW that he baselined at.

After driving in a STG 1 APR.. 190 at the wheels is utterly impossible. No questions about it.

I'd say another 20 at the wheels is on the money for the APR tune.

This looks promising for the money and also is custom.

Any chance of a 0-100 run before and after the tune?

That would seal the deal.

The Sydney dealer is Silverwater Automotive Services

I'll be making the call on Tuesday....
    GOLF R Stage 2+
    MK3 OCTAVIA vRS WAGON

Users Country Flag
    Chiptorque?

Sounds good, let us know the goods when you do.
    2010 MY11 GOLF R - 5DR | DSG | RISING BLUE | DYNAUDIO + ACC + BLUETOOTH + 19s + RNS510 |

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by REXman View Post
    Chiptorque?

Sounds good, let us know the goods when you do.
    Sorry no chiptorque. Hex by BPS

Users Country Flag
    All the hex used in my files is written by myself or with the help of David of SAS and John Robbins of DnA We have been "really" tuning cars for many years. I have written software for many different Australian tuners as has David and John. Now I can honestly say enough is enough. All these guys you see in the mags are not real hex boys. They are flash cowboys. We walk the walk and checksum the file, with software we own and understand 100%. No email client is used. I believe to date we still have the fastest C63AMG in OZ 11.83@124mph tune only no lsd, also most power from Porsche GT2 ever tested on PC Melbourne own dyno. I know I was there as we tested it.I believe it was 546rwhp on stock turbos and 1.1bar. You guys really need to realise who really is the real deal and who are email bandits. I have no wish to recieve a gearbox on my driveway but come on. I can do this stuff on a ****ty old laptop and 40k of software and bloody real ability!!
    Last edited by james928; 13-02-2011 at 12:43 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Oh the thread on performance forums titled "power chip are a bunch of C U next Tuesdays" started because a client of mine wanted to sell a set of headers I supplied him.(mr X the 11sec man) We upgraded him to the latest set FOC. I have all the contact's for all the goodies without the euro tax bull add on. GTI 2wd systems with valvetronic, turbo back from $2300aud in Stainless. Locally made in QLD.
    Last edited by james928; 13-02-2011 at 12:45 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Oh and Corey_R I read your reply and duly updated my site. Thanks for the nudge.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Jason X View Post
    Your exactly right every car is different and that is why I didn't go with APR as I wanted to get REAL VALUE for my doller and know that my car was tuned on a dyno by a real technician with before and after dyno charts and a vehicle specific result. I will see what I can do about getting a 0-100 run what is the best equipment to use for that??
    I gotta ask but do you work for this tuner.. you seem very.. sales? Forgive me If I have sinned.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast