Thread: Golf Mk5 Pirelli Dump Pipe

Users Country Flag

Golf Mk5 Pirelli Dump Pipe

Conflicting info is making it hard to know who is correct....

BUT I'm being told that I can use an APR dump pipe # CD100013 and that it suits Mk 5 and Mk 6 + Scirocco R. The APR website lists the same part # for all of these.

Another person tells me that due to having a K04 turbo I can't fit a Mk 5 / 6 dump as it has a different flange....I thought the Sciroccos had a similar motor/turbo setup to mine.....

Confused

Users Country Flag
    I've just ordered a MK5/6 DP for my Scirocco, pretty sure the flange is the same... Otherwise I might be screwed! But a quick google search nets multiple gaskets and install kits which suit both K03/K04:

K03/K04 Turbo Installation Kit: FSI/TSI
    VW Golf GTI Jetta Pirelli 2.0 Mk5 Mk6 FSI TSI 3" Downpipes dump pipe

This last pic from Dubaddictions facebook page gives me confidence that all the flanges from MK5 GTI's onwards are the same as R's.

https://www.facebook.com/dubaddictio...type=1&theater

Users Country Flag
    The mk5 pirelli has the same engine and turbo as the golf R. So any dump pipe that will fit a golf R should fit your pirelli. The scirocco r also has the same engine and should be common fit for a dump pipe. The only difference is in the cat back. As there are minor differences in chassis like awd for golf r and different shape body for scirocco

Sent from my GT-I9100
    MY11 CW Golf RIntake, Tune, DP, DV+Superpro arms and ALKCustom 4" tipsTWM Short Shifter

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks for the replies.

From the Dubaddiction photos it looks like the Golf R pipe extends further from the turbo before its initial bend, would make sense as the rest of the pipe has to clear the driveshaft. Looks like the flange is similar irrespective of K03 or K04??

I had been looking at the same 42DD pipe on the Carformance site, it doesn't seem to differentiate either...

Users Country Flag
    That was a top contender whilst I was deciding on dumppipes, ended up going with an SPM pipe though. 42DD is good though as it comes with a resonator option which imo will make the exhaust sound way better than some of the tinny unresonated exhausts i hear.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Yeah I like the idea of a resonator, lots I've heard have a harsh almost tinny note.
    I don't particularly like stainless dump pipes, have seen issues with cracking (admittedly this was on Subarus) and the cost of the 42DD plus ceramic coating is getting on a little.....
    Will be interested to hear how your SPM goes.

Users Country Flag
    I had a resonated, ceramic coated 42dd dump on my Mk6 and couldn't fault the product or service from Greg at Carformance. I believe there can be fitment issues on some models, possibly manuals, but this was not an issue for me. Gave a slightly deeper/bassier growl to the exhaust note but only cause I was familiar with it - I doubt passengers or passerbys would have heard much different.

I know LucasR has used SPM on both his R and GTIs and is very happy.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag

I have a 42DD resonated, I love it. Its nice and quiet when your just potering around but gets a real bark to it when you give it a boot full. At WOT it gets a real rally car roar to it which I like too.

Sent from my GT-I9100
    MY11 CW Golf RIntake, Tune, DP, DV+Superpro arms and ALKCustom 4" tipsTWM Short Shifter