Support VWWC

Thread: DTUK box. TDI piggy back.

DTUK box. TDI piggy back.

My 2014 Skoda Octavia Elegance 110 kw TDI is now out of warranty and whilst 3 years is my normal turnover point for a car, it only has 40,000km on it and I like it.
    As much as I love that grunt off the mark, I miss the top end rush of my previous, Superchipped 2009 vRS TSI Octavia. A lot of research, and positive reviews sent me down the DTUK path. Andrew the owner was quick to answer any questions and seemed a switched on type of bloke. Anyway, $824 later, I had a DTUK tunning box and pedal box.
    Firstly I fitted the box it comes with 3 separate maps, each with 6 settings. All maps deliver much the same power and torque, just in a different fashion. From what I've found fiddling with the maps, map 1 comes on early then tapers off, map 3 comes in higher up the rev range, and map 2 suits me fine. Each map has a -3,-2,-1,0,+1,+2,+3 setting. I have it set on map 2 ,+1. The higher settings may set off a EML light so have not played with them.
    The box itself is easy to fit, a piggy back plug on the fuel rail and a piggy back plug on the turbo boost connector, hide the wiring under the engine cover and place the box where desired. There is also another unit which has a camshaft sensor connection, but Andrew didn't recommend this over the 2 channel version I bought.
    The difference is outstanding, much more noticeable than the Superchips stage 1 tune for the TSI motor. Off the mark acceleration is hampered by wheelspin in 1st and 2nd gears, but overtaking from 80-120km/h is much improved and effortless. DTUK have posted dyno results of 147 kw and 435nm from the same motor in a Mk7 Golf. Whilst I would take most self-published result with a grain of salt, I believe them in this case.

Next I fitted the pedal box, which just shortens the pedal travel required for full throttle. It too has 3 settings, Sport, Sport +, and Eco. Each setting again has 6 different adjustments. I started on Sport, and found it too sensitive, causing the DSG to kick down too eagerly (not really desirable in a TDI). I rang Andrew , he runs on Eco, +2. After fiddling I'm using Sport -2, as my sweet spot. The pedal box can be fitted to most VAG cars, but I am yet to try it in our Yeti. Overall I think the pedal box is probably better suited to a TSI motor but has advantages for the TDI if you can find the right setting.

Overall, am I happy ? Hell yes !! Totally different car for under $900.
    2014 MY14 Corrida Red Elegance Wagon TDI
    2009 MY10 Race Blue RS Wagon TSI 6 sp. manual. (Gone)
    2011 MY12 Yeti 77 TSI DSG.

Users Country Flag
    Gday Antiplastix,

Thankyou for the info on the DTUK.
    Im interested in getting one - But did you buy direct from Diesel Performance UK
    Or Did you get yours from a reseller of some kind ?

Cheers,
    Mark.
    Volkswagen -Enthusiasten

Users Country Flag

I had a previous basic fuel rail only DTUK box on my wife's diesel Astra. It was awesome! 95kw at the wheels went to 125kw at the wheels with three minutes difference on the dyno time print outs!

Unfortunately the box died just before three years, and I forgot it had a three year warranty. I had taken it off to see if there was something else wrong with the car, and then the three years expired and I thought about it probably five months later when the car had been running fine without it.
    Richard
    2007 Black Jetta 103TDI Manual, 18s, body kit + rear spoiler
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 Manual - The petrol guzzler!