Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

Users Country Flag

BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

I'm very pleased with this piggy back. I know it will not match an ecu tune but it has other big advantages.

I'm not looking to start a tuning war!

Video removed by order of the wife.

Last edited by car_nut; 25-08-2016 at 09:05 AM.
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag
    Nice result - i know that some guys with the Mk7 Golf GTI/R are having good results with the Berger Tuning box too.
    2017 Ford Fiesta ST
    2015 Audi SQ5 bi-turbo V6 TDI family hauler

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucas_R View Post
    Nice result - i know that some guys with the Mk7 Golf GTI/R are having good results with the Berger Tuning box too.
    Thanks mate. It's capable of a much better time. I've upped the boost level gradually to now +4.6 with each .2 increase making a noticeable difference. Respecting the DSG 7 speed poor reputation I will however not be doing any more WOTs with it set at this level. It's blowing my mind now how hard it pulls above 3000rpm and I'm staying light on the throttle at lower revs to preserve the DSG clutches.
    I'm pulling the plug at 4.6 though, it's starting to feel like a hand-grenade.

Must be the best bang for bucks mod. for the 888 series motors.

Heaps of info. on the US Golf forum
    BMS JB Stage 1 Released - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

Would love to compare notes with any other Polo GTI owners who have fitted or intend to fit the JB1?
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag
    How have you been going with the JB1 in your 6C? I have been reading up on them and it seems like a pretty sweet bit of kit.

Quote Originally Posted by green_comet View Post
    How have you been going with the JB1 in your 6C? I have been reading up on them and it seems like a pretty sweet bit of kit.
    Very happy, can't understand why more aren't being fitted, guess it's got a lot to do with doubts cast by those who are trying to flog their much more expensive tunes. Sure it's not quite what say APR may give, I would say 90% of an APR stage 1. However with a downpipe etc as I have fitted now the car is insanely fast. It would leave my previous 2013 Polo GTI with ABT etc fitted for dead.

George the Burger tuning rep in South Africa sent me a dyno result of a UK Polo with downpipe and JB1 - 191 kW flywheel.

Cheers
    Last edited by car_nut; 17-08-2016 at 12:31 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Very happy, can't understand why more aren't being fitted, guess it's got a lot to do with doubts cast by those who are trying to flog their much more expensive tunes. Sure it's not quite what say APR may give, I would say 90% of an APR stage 1. However with a downpipe etc as I have fitted now the car is insanely fast. It would leave my previous 2013 Polo GTI with ABT etc fitted for dead.

George the Burger tuning rep in South Africa sent me a dyno result of a UK Polo with downpipe and JB1 - 191 kW flywheel.

Cheers

Yeah that's awesome performance for the price and with the added benefit of being removable/untraceable. BMS have some dyno graphs on their website for the 6C running on the included Map.

JB1 VW Performance Tuner - BurgerTuning.com

Think I might have to order one in the near future.

Thanks for the reply.

Users Country Flag
    The video is not there

Quote Originally Posted by JB007 View Post
    The video is not there
    Good observation. Removed by order of the wife when she discovered my youtube channel. Maybe she is correct, videos on a public forum etc. of 'car testing' on public roads is not a smart thing to do.
    Last edited by car_nut; 25-08-2016 at 09:04 AM.

Users Country Flag
    That makes sense, now make it unlisted and send me the link. lol
    MY18 Passat 206tsi R-Line | Harvard Blue | Wagon

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by green_comet View Post
    That makes sense, now make it unlisted and send me the link. lol
    me to please, hehehehehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast