Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

Users Country Flag

Hiya. Sorry to hijack this thread. Just a quick feedback on JB1 on my 2015 polo GTI. It's been almost a month since I installed it.

The first week or so I ran Map 1, safety boost set to 4.0 and fuel loop set to 25. The difference between stock and this setting was amazing, especially above 3000rpm.

Spoke to George from Burger tuning and asked his recommendations. As I always run 98ron fuel, George mention that I could safely set boost safety to 4.4. Not wanting to put too much stress on the car especially it's a dsg and it's my daily, I decided to change the boost safety to 4.1. Well, the difference was like nite and day, notice lot more pull from lower RPMs, the car drives different again, and I am still learning not to break the speed limit without realising it.

Might need a dsg tune me thinks... next financial year BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs..

So highly recommend jb1/jb4 BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

MY15 Polo GTI - Red - DA Pack
    Harry
    MY15 RED Polo GTI 6C - with DA Pack

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydhillon View Post
    Hiya. Sorry to hijack this thread. Just a quick feedback on JB1 on my 2015 polo GTI. It's been almost a month since I installed it.

The first week or so I ran Map 1, safety boost set to 4.0 and fuel loop set to 25. The difference between stock and this setting was amazing, especially above 3000rpm.

Spoke to George from Burger tuning and asked his recommendations. As I always run 98ron fuel, George mention that I could safely set boost safety to 4.4. Not wanting to put too much stress on the car especially it's a dsg and it's my daily, I decided to change the boost safety to 4.1. Well, the difference was like nite and day, notice lot more pull from lower RPMs, the car drives different again, and I am still learning not to break the speed limit without realising it.

Might need a dsg tune me thinks... next financial year BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs..

So highly recommend jb1/jb4 BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

Yeah its awesome hey. I found the difference between 4.8 and 5 was massive on my Skoda 2.0T. In summer though i did dial it back to 4.8.

Users Country Flag

BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

Yeap, it has been one of the best mods I have ever done. I am leaving it on a conservative settings, rather be safe then sorry as I have a friend with a tuned Focus ST with a broken piston at the moment BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.

Harry

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Harrydhillon View Post

Spoke to George from Burger tuning and asked his recommendations. As I always run 98ron fuel, George mention that I could safely set boost safety to 4.4. Not wanting to put too much stress on the car especially it's a dsg and it's my daily, I decided to change the boost safety to 4.1.
    Yes amazing what difference that setting makes. I went up in small increments to 4.6 at which point the car felt insane.

In the interests of longevity I have been running a 'safe' 4.0 for some time now, still plenty of power with my hardware mods.

These were the recommended settings George gave me for increasing power at the top of the rev. range while still protecting the clutches at the lower rev./higher torque range. I have changed things back to more conservative now.

NOTE: These settings are for a Polo GTI
    George:"On the 4.6 setting you can keep the 25% fuel open loop.

If you happy with the 4.6 at the top you may want to consider using map 6 and lowering the bottom a bit. This is a good baseline to start with:

1500 0
    2000 2
    2500 3
    3000 3.5
    3500 4
    4000 4.6
    4500 4.6
    5000 4.6
    5500 4.6
    6000 4.6
    6500 4.4
    7000 4.2"

The above settings are for when Sam Shehin finishes his drag strip etc. and Adelaide car enthusiasts here can take their cars to street drags like all the other States currently can
    Last edited by car_nut; 09-10-2017 at 01:37 PM. Reason: spelling
    2015 Polo GTI with DA pack : Milltek Turbo back exhaust | DD spacer | JB1 | VWR Turbo Intake elbow and intake hose | BMC panel filter | KW Street Comfort coilovers | Whiteline adjust. endlinks | Harding DSG Perf. tune | Wagner Intercooler| Dotz Mugello 17 x 8 32ET

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by car_nut View Post
    Yes amazing what difference that setting makes. I went up in small increments to 4.6 at which point the car felt insane.

In the interests of longevity I have been running a 'safe' 4.0 for some time now, still plenty of power with my hardware mods.

These were the recommended settings George gave me for increasing power at the top of the rev. range while still protecting the clutches at the lower rev./higher torque range. I have changed things back to more conservative now.

NOTE: These settings are for a Polo GTI
    George:"On the 4.6 setting you can keep the 25% fuel open loop.

If you happy with the 4.6 at the top you may want to consider using map 6 and lowering the bottom a bit. This is a good baseline to start with:

1500 0
    2000 2
    2500 3
    3000 3.5
    3500 4
    4000 4.6
    4500 4.6
    5000 4.6
    5500 4.6
    6000 4.6
    6500 4.4
    7000 4.2"

The above settings are for when Sam Shehin finishes his drag strip etc. and Adelaide car enthusiasts here can take there cars to street drags like all the other States currently can

Agreed, hence why 4.1 is plenty for now... BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.. Just love the low end power, My fuel consumption has improved. I do regular trips to Noosa, and usually I get about 600ks per tank, that’s with giving the car a good workout, this time, same style driving, perhaps even more aggressive, I got close to 670ks per tank. (Using trip computer that is, I am too lazy to do manual calculations BMS JB1 fitted to 2015 Polo GTI 0-100 kms/hour in 6 secs.)

Harry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12