Page 117 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1294

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Albervin View Post
    all I want to tow are my vintage and classic motorcycles on a lightweight demountable trailer; total weight about 380kg with tow bar weight of 80-90kg.
    Exactly my situation. I do not know why they make it so hard to have a sporty wagon and tow light things!!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by hardy_bm View Post
    Exactly my situation. I do not know why they make it so hard to have a sporty wagon and tow light things!!
    I don’t know about the wagon but it’s impossible in the hatch because the rear drive axle is in the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag
    The others are correct, you can’t tow with a Golf R as it is not ADR approved for towing. I’m sure VW could do it but they won’t simply due to economics - it will only make them one sale. To you

Have you looked at a Volvo V60 T6? It looks like it’s approved for 1800 kg braked, so probably 90 kg on the ball.

BTW, how do you get so much weight on your trailer ball? It’s over 20% which is higher than anything I’ve ever heard of. Assuming the trailer isn’t very long, and the bike is over the axle, you should only need about 5% to 10%.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Guys,

Long time lurker here, as I've just come out of an S3 Sedan into a new Wolfy Golf R Wagon!

Was really quick process switching cars (2-3 weeks in total) as I wasn't planning on doing anything until mid-year, however the payout price on my S3 (Novated Lease) versus what the car wholesaler was willing to pay me now was much more than expected, I found myself needing a new set of 'family' wheels that met the practicality and performance criteria.

Anyway, here are some pics of the car with tint and ceramic-pro applied...

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-frntsd-jpg

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-side-jpg

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-back-jpg
    CURRENT: MY18 Lapiz Blue Golf R Wagon - Wolfsburg Edition with Panoramic Roof
    SOLD: MY12.5 United Grey Golf R - DSG, Leather, RNS510, Recode Stage 1 Tune, Focal IFVW, New South Performance Boost Gauge
    SOLD: MY07 Reflex Silver Golf GTI - DSG, Sunroof, Chipped UK ST3 Tune, New South Performance Indigo Gauges, Custom stereo by FHRX Studios

Users Country Flag
    Nice looking ride. If you're near the end of lease, the payout figure will vs wholesale or private sale price will be very much in your favour..if you've kept the car in reasonable nick of course.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    Nice looking ride. If you're near the end of lease, the payout figure will vs wholesale or private sale price will be very much in your favour..if you've kept the car in reasonable nick of course.
    Cheers Rooboy!

Yeah, that’s true! I forgot to mention I terminated the lease 4 months early, hence wasn’t really prepared for my next car.

My old MY15 S3 only had 24,000kms and is now living in Melbourne!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    CURRENT: MY18 Lapiz Blue Golf R Wagon - Wolfsburg Edition with Panoramic Roof
    SOLD: MY12.5 United Grey Golf R - DSG, Leather, RNS510, Recode Stage 1 Tune, Focal IFVW, New South Performance Boost Gauge
    SOLD: MY07 Reflex Silver Golf GTI - DSG, Sunroof, Chipped UK ST3 Tune, New South Performance Indigo Gauges, Custom stereo by FHRX Studios

Have had the Wolfsburg Wagon a day or 2. Really enjoy the driving position, and certainly more engaging to drive, even as an auto.

The dynaudio is very good with the volume up very high, but I’m going to have to look at the settings. When the volume is low it just doesn’t sound anywhere near as good, seems like most of the sound is in the footwells.

No drama, I guess I just real play it loud for now. Could also be my source, as I’ve only listened to Spotify, will try CD tomorrow.

Look forward to putting some k’s on it so I can push a bit harder and see what it’s capable of.

Users Country Flag
    I've had my DSG Wolfsburg hatch for a few days now and love it. Flappy paddles are awesome and it goes hard. Like how you can can downshift into first at 25-30 k/h unlike conventional manuals. Dynaudio system is great especially if you have it in dynamic mode and bass turned up. Just loaded radio station icons, thanks to members on the forum here for providing them.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinhillterror View Post
    Have had the Wolfsburg Wagon a day or 2. Really enjoy the driving position, and certainly more engaging to drive, even as an auto.

The dynaudio is very good with the volume up very high, but I’m going to have to look at the settings. When the volume is low it just doesn’t sound anywhere near as good, seems like most of the sound is in the footwells.

No drama, I guess I just real play it loud for now. Could also be my source, as I’ve only listened to Spotify, will try CD tomorrow.

Look forward to putting some k’s on it so I can push a bit harder and see what it’s capable of.
    If you haven't already try adjusting the balance - it is very adjustable
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Just picked up my hatch today. Loving everything about it.
    $63k walk away.

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-no-plates20180220_151219-jpg
    Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-no-plates20180220_163849-1-jpg
    Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-no-plates20180220_182317-jpg
    Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-no-plates20180220_182435-jpg
    Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-no-plates20180220_182444-jpg
    Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-20180220_182542-jpg
    Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-20180220_182613-jpg

Page 117 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast