Support VWWC

Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Trooper View Post
    Went into my dealership today to get an update and collect the VIN. They couldn't provide the VIN because it was still in 'Ordered' stage. But my estimated delivery was December, and as of today that's been moved back to February-March next year. Sad day for me. I also got the hatch with sunroof. So as others are suggesting, I think there is a delay with sunroofs.
    That’s very disappointing. Forward product planning from VWA and VWG is a fail on my books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SameAsTheGame View Post
    Ive just spoken to my local Audi dealer and they can get you a good spec S3 for the same money from stock - guess what I am looking to change to!
    The same as I would do I'm thinking...

Doesn't VW own Audi?
    So that fact that people will go to Audi and spend more cos VW can't get the cars in is a mute point.
    The money is still going into VWs coffers ain't it?

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Doesn't VW own Audi?
    So that fact that people will go to Audi and spend more cos VW can't get the cars in is a mute point.
    The money is still going into VWs coffers ain't it?
    This is very true. There are subtle differences in the mechanical packages between the Golf R and the S3, plus the Audi interior is arguably a little better appointed (personal taste there), then of course the exterior styling differences - especially if you want a sedan.

Yep, same parent company for both.

My comment was aimed at the top shelf Wolfy, where dealers appear reluctant to offer any meaningful deals, placing the cost very close to a similarly specced S3 where the dealers are likely to swing a deal. The extras that you get in the Wolfy over a standard Golf R are largely fitted already into the S3. It makes the S3 a real contender, in my view, if you are seriously considering a Wolfy and being told to pay top dollar and wait bloody months for delivery. If similar money gets you either, it's a consideration worth taking the time to explore.

Then of course, if you have a few more jingles in your pocket, you can depart with those and drive away in an RS3, and the total performance and features equation is game-set-match in favour of the Audi.

I have just done a deal with my local Audi Dealer - getting new S3 in Metallic White, 19" rims, B & O System, Red Callipers, Nappa Leather, Driver Assist with $18k discount through Audi promotion. Also get 3 years free servicing - Audi Corporate
    VW Golf - what was I thinking?

Users Country Flag
    The problem i find with Audi is you loose to much in resale i was looking at a 17 plate s3 the other day with 2000 kilometers and they wanted 62 they are saying they were paying mid 80s for pretty much same Car as the golf. my old mk6 r that was bought for 60k i sold for 30k 6 years later with 105 000 kms on it the woofs i have been told normally hold about 5 to 6 k more than a standard one so in my eyes its a no brainer for me in which car ill buy.
    SOLD BLUE MY12 GOLF R MK6 APR STAGE 2+ SOLD
    WHITE MY18 GOLF R MK7.5 WOLFSBURG
    WHITE MY18 TIGUAN R LINE PACK WITH SUNROOF

Quote Originally Posted by Ground_Level View Post
    The problem i find with Audi is you loose to much in resale i was looking at a 17 plate s3 the other day with 2000 kilometers and they wanted 62 they are saying they were paying mid 80s for pretty much same Car as the golf. my old mk6 r that was bought for 60k i sold for 30k 6 years later with 105 000 kms on it the woofs i have been told normally hold about 5 to 6 k more than a standard one so in my eyes its a no brainer for me in which car ill buy.
    But thats changing, look how many S3's are on the road now. They do drop down more, mostly because Audi drivers tend to 'trade' rather than privately sell and if you look at how many Golfs are about these days the resale has dropped considerably.

It'll drop more soon as the 'base model' range comes out in the R's and GTI's. Not long now!
    What’s behind you doesn’t matter..

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground_Level View Post
    The problem i find with Audi is you loose to much in resale.
    Not if you can secure the right deal. No more loss than on a Golf I wouldn’t think. Becoming more competitive than ever...

Users Country Flag
    Agree with that. Skoda was seen to have poor resale but the deal I did when I purchased the Yeti meant it had lost 50% over 5 years when I sold it which is better than Redbook's 3 year quote.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Has anyone taken delivery of their wagon yet??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 62 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112 ... LastLast