Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by Mr T. View Post
    Nope. Late Jan now, apparently. I will know once it goes into build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I ordered in July Wolf with roof and initially told mid Dec. That car turned out to be no roof and the dealer arranged a swap for a Mid Jan with roof. Now I've been told further delays to mid/late Feb and the budget version has been delayed too! Apparently VWA are telling dealers that they will be adding Dynaudio to all the R's so maybe VWG are having issues with nappa interior!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SameAsTheGame View Post
    I ordered in July Wolf with roof and initially told mid Dec. That car turned out to be no roof and the dealer arranged a swap for a Mid Jan with roof. Now I've been told further delays to mid/late Feb and the budget version has been delayed too! Apparently VWA are telling dealers that they will be adding Dynaudio to all the R's so maybe VWG are having issues with nappa interior!

SameAsTheGame, can you clarify what you mean by Dynaudio will be added to all the R's?
    Current ride - Golf R 7.5 DAP, Sunroof, Dynaudio, DSG

Users Country Flag

I did the same. In July then the dealer would not negotiate on pricing. Then reordered with a November delivery then confirmed as a March/April - cancelled then moved to a ‘confirmed’ December delivery with another dealer now that is delayed til Jan. Cock up of the highest order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    I understood there had been issues in sourcing the active displays but is it a marketing fail when almost everyone here is still buying one? Most with little to no discount? Marketing success me thinks..

There were 6-9 month waits for Mk6 GTIs once upon a time..
    I called it a marketing fail because VW could have sold a lot more cars than they currently able to, and as long as there wasn't an oversupply these would go out the door at premium profit levels (all at MSRP and look at the high dealer "delivery" charges). That is profit that VW Germany and VW Oz and Oz dealers are all missing out on.

When the delays get too long people start to look at alternative cars, or just decide to keep the car they have (especially if their financial circumstances change for the worse)
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by MadWorm View Post
    SameAsTheGame, can you clarify what you mean by Dynaudio will be added to all the R's?
    It was a comment the dealer made that VWA are trying to resolve the problem with delays of the Wolfsburg. Many people are ordering the Wolf to get the Sound System, so they are looking at ways to get around it. Don't forget that the Wolf is unique to Aus - you can order all the options to get a wolf in other countries but it is not sold as such.

Ive just spoken to my local Audi dealer and they can get you a good spec S3 for the same money from stock - guess what I am looking to change to!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I called it a marketing fail because VW could have sold a lot more cars than they currently able to, and as long as there wasn't an oversupply these would go out the door at premium profit levels (all at MSRP and look at the high dealer "delivery" charges). That is profit that VW Germany and VW Oz and Oz dealers are all missing out on.
    The Wolf thing was always going to be a limited run, and they've had no issue in shifting them at their premium profit so I'm not sure on the issue. For the few who are giving up waiting there's enough waiting in the wings to take their place.

If they'd gone with a larger supply they would have lost that margin. I was tossing up between the two, and while I wanted Pretorias I couldn't have given a rats about the rest - so given the discount available on a normal R I just went that way and will get the wheels I want later (I get it, some people like their stereo, others like wheels.. I am the latter).

At the end of the day they were not able to predict the shortage in some parts that has prevented the models rolling off the line as planned. By all accounts Golf is doing well around the world again, e.g. it was #1 in Britain a while back for a month on the back of 29% YOY increases. So much for everything falling in a heap a year ago..

My point is ****e happens, a waiting list for an in demand vehicle is par for the course these days.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

The S3 does not have a memory driver's seat though and cannot be optioned with it.
    I never met a horsepower I didn't like.

Apparently VWA are telling dealers that they will be adding Dynaudio to all the R's so maybe VWG are having issues with nappa interior!

Well that sucks balls, if true, for those of us who ordered the standard R!
    Only thing I wanted is Dynaudio, didn't want, or care, about the other stuff the Wolfie had, nor want to wait till next year!
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zee19 View Post
    So is anyone getting a hatch with roof expecting to collect this year?
    Went into my dealership today to get an update and collect the VIN. They couldn't provide the VIN because it was still in 'Ordered' stage. But my estimated delivery was December, and as of today that's been moved back to February-March next year. Sad day for me. I also got the hatch with sunroof. So as others are suggesting, I think there is a delay with sunroofs.
    MY18.5 MK7.5 Golf R Wolfsburg (Hatch)
    Panoramic Sunroof | Oryx White Pearl

Page 61 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast