Page 54 of 130 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    However my car is stuck in customs/compliance. It is 11 days and counting.
    I hope that doesn't mean it has been damaged and is being repaired - that is always a concern when a built car is held up somewhere for no stated reason.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    I hope that doesn't mean it has been damaged and is being repaired - that is always a concern when a built car is held up somewhere for no stated reason.
    Yep, that is my concern.
    Any way of finding out?

Yep, that is my concern.
    Any way of finding out?
    Not that I know of. Unfortunately all the parties involved have good reasons to NOT tell you if there are any problems like damage to your car. If it is something simple (eg missing a part or waiting for an upgraded part/software update) then your salesperson may be able to find out and may be permitted to tell you. If you are fortunate the only problem is transportation logistics and they are waiting for more cars to go to your dealer (to make a full truck load) before loading your car onto a truck.

I wish you the best of luck. The last bit of the wait seemed to be the worst for me.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Not that I know of. Unfortunately all the parties involved have good reasons to NOT tell you if there are any problems like damage to your car. If it is something simple (eg missing a part or waiting for an upgraded part/software update) then your salesperson may be able to find out and may be permitted to tell you. If you are fortunate the only problem is transportation logistics and they are waiting for more cars to go to your dealer (to make a full truck load) before loading your car onto a truck.

I wish you the best of luck. The last bit of the wait seemed to be the worst for me.
    Cheers, well it's another day and still at the dock...
    I called VWA if they can check if it had it's compliance plates stamped already. As I thought, they gave no information saying they don't have any of that info.
    Anyways guess I just have to wait it out and hope nothing happened. I will be taking a magnet to the delivery and checking if there is any bog in the paint! Haha.

Anyways guess I just have to wait it out and hope nothing happened. I will be taking a magnet to the delivery and checking if there is any bog in the paint! Haha.
    I must admit that I didn't have any real delays to cause concern, but I still had a very close look at panel alignment and gaps when I collected mine.

Question In need of VW part #

Hi !

Can anyone help me with a VW part number ?

Since I live in SWEDEN my VW dealer can not see VW part #'s on parts that are specificly
    made for Australia/New Zeeland market such as the part I'm looking for.

I'm looking for the part # of the WOLFSBURG badge
    on the rear end of the VW Golf-7 R "Wolfsburg Edition" ( 2015 ---> )

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-vw-golf-r-wagon-wolfsburg-03-jpgWolfsburg Edition Golf R-vw-golf-r-wagon-2016-l-21-jpgWolfsburg Edition Golf R-vw-golf-r-wagon-2016-l-18-jpgWolfsburg Edition Golf R-volkswagen-golf-r-wagon-2016-l-17-jpg
    * VW Golf-5 1.4 TSI ( 2007 )
    * VW Golf-6 1.8 TSI
    ( 2012 )
    * VW Golf-7 ALLTRACK 1.8 TSI
    ( 2016 )

I think I read somewhere that VW Australia would only sell these to people who owned a Wolfsburg edition VW.

If you are happy with a non-OEM badge then similar badges are available from 3rd party suppliers eg:

2PCS-Wolfsburg-germany-Badge-Emblem-Kit-FIT-MK6-MK7-GOLF-R-7-6-GTI-JETTA-POLO-CC | eBay

Question

I think I read somewhere that VW Australia only sell these to people who owns a Wolfsburg edition.

If you are happy with a non-OEM badge then similar badges are available from 3rd party suppliers
    Thanx for your reply.
    I want the OEM badge.
    Since you gregozedobe owns a "Wolfsburg Edition" ,
    please can you call your local VW dealer and check the part # for me ?
    I'd be very grateful.

My dealer over here says that is no problem to order a VW OEM part from Australia but he needs the part #
    * VW Golf-5 1.4 TSI ( 2007 )
    * VW Golf-6 1.8 TSI
    ( 2012 )
    * VW Golf-7 ALLTRACK 1.8 TSI
    ( 2016 )

Seeing as you asked so nicely I'll ask. It may be a little while so don't hold your breath.

Users Country Flag

Any news kennyc ??
    SOLD BLUE MY12 GOLF R MK6 APR STAGE 2+ SOLD
    WHITE MY18 GOLF R MK7.5 WOLFSBURG
    WHITE MY18 TIGUAN R LINE PACK WITH SUNROOF

Page 54 of 130 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast