Page 24 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Not doubting you re the build time, but a month sounds too long for building the car, just watched the production videos on YouTube for the golf, and the build time seems a lot quicker, like a couple of days only.
    It's all done by robots and most parts like the doors and engines are already built so it's just putting them together like a big leggo set.
    Ok, I've come to the conclusion that's it's a bit like asking a group of people 'how long is a piece of string?' You're gunna get ten different answers. Lol

I'm bowing out, thanks linesman and ballboys. Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

Cheers dave

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by weonarok View Post
    Ok, I've come to the conclusion that's it's a bit like asking a group of people 'how long is a piece of string?' You're gunna get ten different answers. Lol

Cheers dave
    Haha totally with you Dave! In my mind, does it really matter? One day or one month, we're all stuck in the same boat waiting for it. Love your post Ground_Level, very insightful! I'm dreaming that mine is already on the boat but more likely I'll be a part of the Oct build Dec/Jan delivery crew. Hoping I can get the VIN, allocation numbers and all those details this Tuesday the 8th!
    2018 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg Edition Hatch - Lapiz Blue / Sunroof

Users Country Flag
    Yup there is nothing much more we can do but wait but hey gives me time to order more goodies when it arrives tho
    SOLD BLUE MY12 GOLF R MK6 APR STAGE 2+ SOLD
    WHITE MY18 GOLF R MK7.5 WOLFSBURG
    WHITE MY18 TIGUAN R LINE PACK WITH SUNROOF

Quote Originally Posted by weonarok View Post

Cheers dave
    Haha, fair enough. You're right, doesn't matter in the end, was just curious. Though someone would def know.
    Anyway we all playing the waiting game now!
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Users Country Flag
    Build completion at the factory to arrival in OZ can vary from 7-10 weeks then add about 2 weeks for delivery here's my Wolfsburg built 07/06/17 note it took 3 weeks before the ship sailed this is longer than normal, usually 2 weeks factory to sailing. Due Port Kembla Tuesday 08/08/17

Wolfsburg Edition Golf R-wvwzzzauzjw000000-png
    Last edited by rosslm; 06-08-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    Thanks to all for sharing their thoughts on the email sent on Friday. Very helpful and has calmed me down a bit. If it is in Jan, well so be it. Going away in Dec/Jan so will be a nice surprise when we get back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2018 MY18 R 7.5 Wolfsburg | Blue| Sunroof | Finally here! And it's goddam goood!
    2010 Mazda 6 | Luxury Sports | White : Sold
    2009 | 335i | Convertible | Grey : Sold
    2006 Jetta TSI DSG | Highline | Silver : Sold

Users Country Flag
    So noticed today when i was at the dealership that the wagon wolfs are not coming with audi style tail lights just normal lights that are darker than normal it doesnt affect me as im buying a hatch but thats sort of a down fall.

I'm led to believe the wagons (both regular R and Wolfs) have fake quad exhaust outlets (only 2 work).
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ground_Level View Post
    So noticed today when i was at the dealership that the wagon wolfs are not coming with audi style tail lights just normal lights that are darker than normal it doesnt affect me as im buying a hatch but thats sort of a down fall.
    Are they led lights? Have you got any pics? Which dealership did you see the car at?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag

They are all like that..

Page 24 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474124 ... LastLast