Support VWWC

Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 1294

Thread: Wolfsburg Edition Golf R

IIRC park assist is incompatible with 4motion.
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bgroper View Post
    IIRC park assist is incompatible with 4motion.
    We have park assist on the Alltrack, which is also 4motion, but we don't get blind spot monitoring or rear cross traffic alert which are available on the R. We were told that those were incompatible with the cladding - how true that is I'm not sure but it would seem that with the 4motion system, and the way the cars are specced, you may be able to have one but not the other.
    Last edited by Rooboy; 13-04-2018 at 09:40 AM. Reason: correcting typo - are instead of aren't
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Rooboy View Post
    We have park assist on the Alltrack, which is also 4motion, but we don't get blind spot monitoring or rear cross traffic alert which aren't available on the R.
    Have all of these on my Rline Tiguan. It may be to keep the overall cost down as when all of these are added in you would be paying the same if not a little less for an audi

Users Country Flag
    Originally Posted by Rooboy
    The dynamic indicators are only on the hatch and, looking at the R specs, parking assist is not available on either hatch or wagon. I've got park assist on the Alltrack but never seen the need to use it - the rear view camera and passenger mirror dip give me all I need to put it into any spot.[

Quote Originally Posted by Nugget View Post
    You pretty much repeated what I said. I'm asking if anyone knows why they were omitted.

I think I probably wouldn't use park assist either but it would nice to have and interesting to try.
    Hey mate ... you'll obviously be hard pressed getting answers from VAG, but the park assist omit is most likely due to the decreased front wheel turn limits imposed by the engineers, in turn resulting from the extra pressure that driven rear wheels place on the front struts.

You might know the tail light fittings for the wagon are different from the hatch, and the Wolfie Wagon would have been projected to sell in much lower numbers. And so not adapting scrolling lamps to that fitting would be just be a cost saving measure. But re - rear camera guidelines, that's only a software thing I'm sure. Maybe the group is just saving that feature for the Audis.
    Last edited by SteveMc; 13-04-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    2017 - Golf R 7.5 - Blue - DSG - Proper Roof - DAP - Res' delete - Dynaudio delete
    2008 - Mazda 2 - (Maybe my first child scared me a bit) -1998 - Wrx (modded up to but not including forged pistons)
    1988 - Corolla TwinCam - (couldn't insure a 323 Turbo)
    1967 - Tonka Tip Truck - Red with 2 inch plastic rims and a massive sand scoop.

Thanks SteveMc, that all does make sense. There will be standard R and R Grid wagons now, I wonder if they'll get dynamic indicators. Either way I'm pretty disappointed I missed out.

still enjoying it, and as others have pointed out, getting speeding fines is just going to be cost of ownership.

Couple questions...

Don’t like how it turns off automatically when I park at home, how do I turn this off?

Also, it says in the handbook that there is a code on the adaptor to remove the anti theft wheel nuts. Clearly, the code would be important if you lose the adaptor. Where else should I be looking for the code?

Users Country Flag
    My 7.5 is just over 1 year old now. She is working great. A fraction under 10000km old.
    I gave her a full clean and clay with wax for her birthday. The paint is still in very good nick as it lives inside and vey rarely sees parking under trees...The tank is full, time for a scenic drive.
    How is your 7.5 Wolfsburg going?

Quote Originally Posted by slin View Post
    How is your 7.5 Wolfsburg going?
    Mine is going well. I'm very happy with it.

I haven't done much in the way of mechanical mods so far, except for the low dust pads on F & R brakes. This has fixed the typical VAG "dirty wheels" problem, now I need a solution for the black tailpipes (but if that involves never using the available performance I don't want to know ! I'll just keep washing it regularly)

Mine is coming up for its 1st service shortly, time does indeed fly when you are having fun. This one is going to be a keeper, it's such a versatile car.
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gregozedobe View Post
    Mine is going well. I'm very happy with it.
    Ditto, brilliant car - just a change of plan for me.. so someone can pick up a keeper.

Mk7.5 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg wagon - Oryx white, DAP, only 4,500km

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag

Golf R to Amarok...again

About 3 years ago I toyed with the idea of swapping the Wunder Wagon for an Amarok so we could buy a second hand camper trailer and go camping more often. I didn’t do it then but a recent health issue has caused some rejigging of priorities in this household.

My wife has OK’d the camper trailer https://mountaintrailcampers.com.au/...EDX-Review.pdf 😀 and we’re heading off for a couple of months in December.

Which means I need a tow tug. An Amarok V6 is on its way and therefore the Wolfsburg has to go ☹️

Anyone interested please see below. Price is negotiable.

MY 18 Wolfsburg Wagon
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Page 128 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130 LastLast