Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Windscreen Wiper Issues

I have been replacing the rubber and arm, which has been fixing the problems and so far no returns.

I can also provide an update. Went to VW yesterday and got both wipers replaced. All is good.

My dealer told me on Monday that there was no fix yet and they were not replacing anything until VW came out with a fix. This was still some time away and i would have to put up with it.
    When a man with money meets a man with experience.......the man with experience usually leaves with the money and the man with money usually leaves with the experience.

Users Country Flag
    Guess you're going to the wrong dealer....
    Try another dealer or give customer care a call.

What dealer is it? Write some feed back on their google review page.

Users Country Flag
    Got mine replaced by the Dealer recently. The problem is improved, but still persists.......

I really like the car, so I'm happy to keep trying. The AM radio reception is doing my head in though!!

Unfortunately the wipers started smearing again today. I only got them replaced 5 days ago.

Users Country Flag
    I don't know where you located. But mine got sorted out at the bay ford dealer in epping Melbourne. Try them if you can. My car is June built I don't know if they might have had a factory arm update.

Cheers

Users Country Flag
    Correct blades are important also,in my country the european cars I have bought have always been fitted with incorrect blades,IMO most part retailers don't know the right ones and tend to sell anything the "sort of" fits.
    Dealers class wiperblades as consumables and generally won't do much for the customer.

Give your windscreen a good clean with meths and newspaper (old skool but works for me) or clean the winscreen with automotive wax and tar remover and then go to a quality glass cleaner.

I get my arms and blades from oversea's and find the Bosch and SWF brands to be best,good luck
    1987 Golf GLI Wolfsburg Edition,full gti spec 3a Audi 2 litre on dijifant 2
    1989 Corrado 1.8 16v KR manual (02a) black 15x7 RH cups
    1987 Golf GTI original 3 owner in white.
    Audi Quattro,and various Porsches

Users Country Flag
    I had all the same problems as you guys, had it replaced for free at Barloworld Glen Waverly today after much argument. I really can't believe that a company as big as VW doesn't seriously test wipers, hear wastegate rattles and in my case and sell cars with squeaky clutch pedals. My first VW and most likely my last

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by JonathanT View Post
    I had all the same problems as you guys, had it replaced for free at Barloworld Glen Waverly today after much argument. I really can't believe that a company as big as VW doesn't seriously test wipers, hear wastegate rattles and in my case and sell cars with squeaky clutch pedals. My first VW and most likely my last
    My first VW too.. but I've had a brace of BMWs dating back to 1988, each one of which had their own (small) problems. I've also owned a Ducati and an Alfa Romeo, which make our 'issues' almost invisible.... At this stage Mk7 problems are teething issues...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast