Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What Accessories are you buying for your MK7 Golf?

Non-OEM sport alloy pedals

Sport Fuel Brake Foot Rest Dead Accelat Pedal AT SET FOR Volkswagen VW Golf MK7 | eBay

Just came across these on eBay, they look very similar to the real deal. Wondering if anyone has seen these or already bought them?

I had the impression the alloy pedals went on top of the existing ones but from the diagrams it appears you need to remove the pre-existing pedals and install these ones.

These ones won't work as these are for LHD.

You'll need to search for RHD pedals which are harder to find.

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Here is a sneaky picture of my new valve caps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Looks a bit scratched from the flash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Users Country Flag
    Looking smart.

Adam - I think we need to start a Golf 7 version of what have I done to my car today..

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Just an update. I ended up buying a set of pedals from the link above. I won the listing for just under $65 including P&H so was stoked at the price but also wary of the quality of the product I might end up receiving.

I received the item after about 10 days and am very glad to be surprised by the quality of the pedals!

Comparison of the alloy vs standard brake pedal

The footrest had some minor blemishes, this doesn't bother me as you can't see them unless you like operating the pedals with your forehead.

Fitment of the brake and accelerator pedals were perfect. I decided to muck around to see how the foot rest could be used, as these sets are for LHD vehicles.
    The foot rest has plenty of tabs on the side and rear, I used some trusty kitchen scissors (as I didn't really have any proper tools at home) to trim the tabs off

Using blue tack I tested out different placements and found the middle of the foot rest the best place (felt the most solid and easy removal of floor mats for cleaning). The photo from the seat cushion showing the foot rest looks out of place in all of the positions I tried (top, middle, bottom - I couldn't post more than 20 pics in this post so only left in the middle position). I think they look OEM when you're standing at the driver's door looking into the footwell.

I cut out cardboard pieces to ensure a flatter surface at the rear to attach double sided tape.

I'll update how the footrest goes over time but at the moment I'm extremely happy with this pedal set! Overall I'd definitely recommend this eBay seller for such great pedals at an awesome price!

Last edited by veew; 23-04-2014 at 09:53 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Hmm... I'm quite interested in one of these for the footrest only lol. I've been searching for the RHD side but luck isn't on my side =/
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

Users Country Flag
    Just saw :

VW Golf MK7 TSI Footrest R32 Turbo Exclusive With Black Rubber Backing | eBay

from the uk. Looks like it might fit the rhd footrest?
    May 20 - Nov 19 MY20 Tiguan 162 TSI
    May 16 - Apr 16 Mazda 3 Sp25 GT - 2020 hail storm write-off
    May 13 - 2013 Mk7 Golf Highline.
    May 10 - 2009 Falcon G6E with beige leather.

Yeah I saw that a while back, it doesn't match the pedals as well but I'll see how this current setup goes. Drove with it today and peering between the steering wheel spokes it looks great, feels solid under the feet too so it has been good so far.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wasabiz View Post
    Hmm... I'm quite interested in one of these for the footrest only lol. I've been searching for the RHD side but luck isn't on my side =/
    one on ebay $149... parts number starts with 5G2 is for RHD.
    MY14 Golf MK7 103 TSI Highline | DSG 7 spd | Pacific Blue | Bi-Xennon | Sunroof | Driver Assist 2 | Leather |
    MY12 Passat B7 118 TSI | DSG 7 spd | Silver |

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast