Support VWWC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water pump replacement costs

Users Country Flag

I had the unfortunate need to replace my water pump in January, a week and a half after buying the car, so the timing belt was done as well (only 30k after the last one...). Total charge was about $1000, but there was no oil change service at the same time, just water pump, coolant and timing belt.
    Richard
    2007 Black Jetta 103TDI Manual, 18s, body kit + rear spoiler
    2001 Landcruiser FZJ105 Manual - The petrol guzzler!

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheezel View Post
    I had the unfortunate need to replace my water pump in January, a week and a half after buying the car, so the timing belt was done as well (only 30k after the last one...). Total charge was about $1000, but there was no oil change service at the same time, just water pump, coolant and timing belt.
    ...and that’s a very good price, since the genuine or proper parts are expensive for that job, also it’s not exactly 2 hours job if done correctly.

Users Country Flag
    I recently experienced some coolant loss in my MY13 Passat - 2 litres in a month - 6 months out of warranty, with ~ 60k in the clock. It looked a little wet around the water pump. Went to John Hughes VW in WA (where I bought the car) explaining the problem and suggested it might be the water pump.

Although out of the warranty period, I asked if we could appeal to VW Australia as this was fairly early for the water pump to let go. It was explained there was a process but would take a couple of weeks. I said to replace the pump, as it needed to be fixed, and timing belt and I would appeal afterward.

At the end of the day I went to the dealer expecting a $1350 bill, and was told VW had come to the party to the tune of 60% - so only $350 for a new water pump and timing belt! A shout out to VW Australia!
    MY13 Passat 130TDI
    MY12 Amarok 120TDI

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Carsten View Post
    I recently experienced some coolant loss in my MY13 Passat - 2 litres in a month - 6 months out of warranty, with ~ 60k in the clock. It looked a little wet around the water pump. Went to John Hughes VW in WA (where I bought the car) explaining the problem and suggested it might be the water pump.

Although out of the warranty period, I asked if we could appeal to VW Australia as this was fairly early for the water pump to let go. It was explained there was a process but would take a couple of weeks. I said to replace the pump, as it needed to be fixed, and timing belt and I would appeal afterward.

At the end of the day I went to the dealer expecting a $1350 bill, and was told VW had come to the party to the tune of 60% - so only $350 for a new water pump and timing belt! A shout out to VW Australia!
    Got a quote today for the timing belt and water pump for a 2009 Tiguan TDi with the 105000km service at $1700. They said water pump not necessary but at $200 I’ll just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    I could almost guarantee that if you'd have said no, they'd have called up on the day telling you it was leaking
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 3timesagolfgti View Post
    Got a quote today for the timing belt and water pump for a 2009 Tiguan TDi with the 105000km service at $1700. They said water pump not necessary but at $200 I’ll just do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah for 200 bucks its a no brainer

I would have got it done for that cost 2
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12