Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Water leak and headliner mark

Users Country Flag

Water leak and headliner mark

Just a little warning for those who have their Radio Software Update.
    Apart of the procedure of checking my car out for the problem of bad radio reception was to check the connection of the wiring on the antennas located on the rear window (Hatch).That checked out OK but the software update fixed my problem with regards to the radio reception.
    But today while cleaning my car I noticed a big wet water stain on my roof lining just under where the rubber grommets for the wiring loom for the hatch goes. Looks like water is seeping beneath these and coming into the car DOH, so hard to gets things fixed properly these days at Service Centre's.
    Just make sure that these grommets #2 photo are sealed after the work is carried out
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

Users Country Flag
    Oh yuk! Are they replacing your lining? Useless kids working in those places these days, with no care about others property.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

What fools.... There is no need to check the aerials at all, confirm fault, carry out update and retest. Only if the problem persists would you start looking for further issues.

Users Country Flag
    The whole roof back there now is horrible, it isn't just a stain on the edge, nearly the whole back section is stuffed now, given the whole lining is presumably one piece....that means a total replacement, and some other twat who doesn't care will likely leave this with noticeable blemishes when replaced (e.g not properly put under the sill frame edging etc)

Last edited by tonymy01; 18-08-2013 at 09:05 PM.
    ---
    Manual MY12 RB Golf R | Bluefin Stg2 | Milltek turbo-back

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    I'm not sure what to do, if I ask for a new roof liner I would be very worried about some useless apprentice doing the job and end up with broken side mouldings, ill fitted roof lining and rattles. I might ask for them to get it cleaned by someone like a carpet cleaner and see if they can get rid of the mark. Then if that fails a new roof lining.
    I made a negative entry on this VW Dealers Facebook page, it's funny they got right back to me. Tomorrow I will be in to see them and the way I'm fuming I will be ready to give them a good ear full of what I think of their service centre.
    All the problem was with the radio reception was a software update and it was me that found out that information for them as they didn't have a clue, until I quoted something out of a overseas Forum.
    Last edited by rpps; 18-08-2013 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymy01 View Post
    The whole roof back there now is horrible, it isn't just a stain on the edge, nearly the whole back section is stuffed now, given the whole lining is presumably one piece....that means a total replacement, and some other twat who doesn't care will likely leave this with noticeable blemishes when replaced (e.g not properly put under the still frame edging etc)

Exactly my worry also.

Users Country Flag
    Although this may not be 100% relevant seeing as it applies to a Polo and not a Golf, I thought I would provide my two cents worth.

I had to have the entire roof-lining of my 2012 Polo replaced after I pointed out an area where it was not installed correctly and actually hanging down a bit. I had the same concerns, I was worried that the service tech's would do a 'shoddy' job, not install it properly and leave marks on the lining; however, I was pleasantly surprised when I found that after they had replaced it, you literally could not tell at all. It was a seamless job and done absolutely perfectly.

Replacing a roof-liner is a pretty standard job and I wouldn't worry about them doing a bad job.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and ask them to replace the roof lining. I'm sure you'll be impressed with the overall finish.

Hope my experience can shed a little light on the situation!

- Barracuda
    MY16 Golf GTI Performance Pack

Previously: MY12 Polo 77TSI
    In The Family: MY15 Golf 103TSI Highline & MY15 Audi RS3

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    Although this may not be 100% relevant seeing as it applies to a Polo and not a Golf, I thought I would provide my two cents worth.

I had to have the entire roof-lining of my 2012 Polo replaced after I pointed out an area where it was not installed correctly and actually hanging down a bit. I had the same concerns, I was worried that the service tech's would do a 'shoddy' job, not install it properly and leave marks on the lining; however, I was pleasantly surprised when I found that after they had replaced it, you literally could not tell at all. It was a seamless job and done absolutely perfectly.

Replacing a roof-liner is a pretty standard job and I wouldn't worry about them doing a bad job.

If I were you, I'd go ahead and ask them to replace the roof lining. I'm sure you'll be impressed with the overall finish.

Hope my experience can shed a little light on the situation!

- Barracuda
    Thanks for the reply it has given me some hope maybe with a total roof lining replacement I might get a decent job done, I know I will be telling them of my concerns about it being fitted properly in the strongest terms.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by rpps View Post
    Thanks for the reply it has given me some hope maybe with a total roof lining replacement I might get a decent job done, I know I will be telling them of my concerns about it being fitted properly in the strongest terms.
    Absolutely! That's what I said to them. I stressed that I wanted it to be seamless around all the A, B & C pillars and where it meets the windscreen.

According to the service manager at the dealership I go to, it's a "fairly standard procedure and the technicians do it all the time".

Anyway, best of luck with the whole scenario!

My roof lining is water marked, going to get it checked out next week. Honestly the car has never seen rain (Brisbane Winter 2013) and I have not had the car back to the dealer to check radio reception etc. Bazaar
    Passat Alltrack sports pack - silver
    Mk7 Golf TDi White - 18" VW "Rotary" Wheels

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast