Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: VW MY16 Changes

What about a sunroof? A completely different driving experience for just 4% more!

DAP is a wise move.

I would not get leather but for Mrs Arnold . . . relatively costly, I think, but it's been good with the dog and children.

The GTI to PP price gap is now $1,000 less but the difference in value of equipment has been reduced by $2,000, so perhaps the PP is mispriced as it offers $1000 less value than it did previously.

A manual GTI is even better value! That's what I'd go for. Fully loaded, +/- leather.
    If the answer to the Monty Hall problem was 50/50, the contestant, on average, would win the car 50% of the time simply by sticking with their original guess...but you can only win a one-in-three guessing game 33.33% of the time so it can't be 50/50, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by kempzhong View Post
    I just placed an order for MY16 R(full optioned Blue) and was told the waiting time would be 6 months at most. It would be shorter if I chose black or white
    kempzhong,

Do mind me asking what price you paid?

Also was it corporate rate?
    2019 MY19 Mini JCW Hatch
    2016 Holden Astra RSV - Waiting for New Golf

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by TOV View Post
    Hi All

I want to get a GTI or GTI PP, based on the MY16 upgrade, is it really worth going with PP, as Bi-Xenon light was the main reason I was going for PP?

And, if possible, can anybody give me some genuine advice on the drive away price for GTI w/ DAP and Leather, please? I am going to visit my local dealer today, want to be prepared!

Thanks All!!!
    I think you answered your own question - PP if you're tracking/tuning, stock otherwise.

Or if you really want those Santiago erm wheels.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    My MY16 GTI PP is due for delivery at the end of September. So happy it got the MY16 updates as push button start and keyless entry were things I really wanted. Does anyone know when you started being able to order the GTI PP with a sunroof?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey1 View Post
    Either way, the soundaktor can be eliminated partially or completely via VCDS or phyisically disconnected.
    Are there any instructions available on how to disconnect the soundaktor?
    Gone: Aug 2013 Build MY14 Polo GTI | Candy White | RNS510 | Panoramic Sunroof | Bi-Xenons | Rear Parking Sensors
    Current: Late March 2015 Build Mk7 Golf GTI Performance Pack | Pure White

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolves1877 View Post
    It's done through the VCDS
    GTI PP Mk7
    My grandma used to say...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolves1877 View Post
    SOUNDAKTOR Removal DIY + Before and After Clips (Golf R) - ZED4ME
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WOTw_lIoKw

This is a video of the physical disconnection process.

VCDS can be found in the MK7 VCDS Thread
    VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Give it a read, there's plenty of good stuff in that thread.

I've only had Japanese cars in the past, but for this purchase I needed something that's great to drive, but would also give a respectable image for work (STIs and EVOs were hence out of the picture). I've tested the 228i M Sport, S3, 86 GTS, CLA250, and I can honestly say I preferred the Golf R from the first drive.

So now I'm going through the process of getting prices, etc, and I don't know what's happening in dealer-land right now, but they're falling over themselves to sell one to me. Retail quotes were around $66,000, so far we're down to $60,500 'on road' with 5yr factory warranty, sunroof and driver assist package included.

I'd expect this if it was a runout MY15, but I've specifically said I'm after the MY16 (effectively getting the $3,150 leather option for free was a big win, and I'm curious about Apple CarPlay).

One of the best things I did was get an online broker on to it, as it saved me a lot of the leg work initially (I've not needed to call multiple dealers and bargain from scratch).

There's a lot of numbers being thrown around on the forum, but I'd be keen to hear what prices people have achieved at this spec. I haven't bought a VW before, and I'd like to know I'm not getting jipped, or if this is, in fact, a decent price.

Unfortunately the moderators here keep keep merging threads (which is why there's about five that are actually used). That means you've got to wade through this 3000 post thread unfortunately (or the other one on spec, but that relates to any Golf)

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by danielb_c View Post
    There's a lot of numbers being thrown around on the forum, but I'd be keen to hear what prices people have achieved at this spec. I haven't bought a VW before, and I'd like to know I'm not getting jipped, or if this is, in fact, a decent price.
    Your quote is getting pretty sharp given you've been specific on MY16 and they're chucking in warranty. Best bet is to skip the broker and go in hard yourself, will be sharper.

Anyone much under that is going to get called out on it.

I'd see what they'll do on the Wolfsburg car, the extra coin to dump the Cadiz for the Pretorias - even black ones - is worth the premium alone.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast