Support VWWC

Thread: VW Golf 7 Clubsport S rear muffler

Users Country Flag

Question VW Golf 7 Clubsport S rear muffler

I’d like to buy one of these for my 7.5 GTI.

https://cars245.com/en/item/audi-vol...rear-silencer/

My questions are, is the diameter of the Clubsport S muffler compatible with the 7.5 GTI? Also, is it reasonable simple for the original muffler to be unbolted/unclamped or does it need to be cut from the exhaust system.

Apologies if if this has been covered before. Thanks in advance.

Hi I got one of these fitted today to my GTI MK7 PP 2015 you need a special joiner clamp as well. It costs around 660 AUD to buy one in AUS I would buy it here not from overseas as the shippings is prohibitive. I will probably get the resonator as well. As if will fit your 7.5 I don't see why not.... I may get the resonator down the track as well. Part nos are 5G6253609DD and 1K0253141AA .
    Last edited by peekay34; 21-03-2018 at 03:53 PM.

660 plus the price of the clamp BTW

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hi peekay. Apparently the 7.5 rear valence openings are a different width. So I think I’m out of luck. ;(

Cant you just get the tips modified to fit? They are just Tips?

Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    Hi I got one of these fitted today to my GTI MK7 PP 2015 you need a special joiner clamp as well. It costs around 660 AUD to buy one in AUS I would buy it here not from overseas as the shippings is prohibitive. I will probably get the resonator as well. As if will fit your 7.5 I don't see why not.... I may get the resonator down the track as well. Part nos are 5G6253609DD and 1K0253141AA .
    Where in Australia did you get yours? Does the original pipe need to be cut or is it just a clamp undo and do up job?

I got mine from a VW Dealer its a cut and then use 1K0253141AA Clamp with the muffler. Easy by an exhaust shop. On the existing pipe there is a cut mark exactly where you should cut. The exhaust shop I went to new exactly where it was. Took them like 25 mins to do .

Users Country Flag
    Hi All,

What is the difference between the VW Golf 7 Clubsport S rear muffler and the standard 7.5 GTI muffler?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    I got mine from a VW Dealer its a cut and then use 1K0253141AA Clamp with the muffler. Easy by an exhaust shop. On the existing pipe there is a cut mark exactly where you should cut. The exhaust shop I went to new exactly where it was. Took them like 25 mins to do .
    cheers

YouTube video of exhaust differences and YouTube