Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 1970

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    MF: hmm........ I always get confused with American accents - it's my fault!!

The boot-open tweak part of the instructions in post #787 are the same as those in your copy of my instructions in the post above for NAR models. If the settings for the following channels on your car are as shown in the NAR Setting column in the table above - then it should be OK to proceed

(16)-Leuchte21BR RC8-Lichtfunktion G 21, and
    (18 )-Leuchte21BR RC8-Dimmwert GH 21, and
    (16)-Leuchte20BR LA71-Lichtfunktion G 20, and
    (18 )-Leuchte20BR LA71-Dimmwert GH 20

For the tweak to work, the only important thing is that the G and H adaptation channels for the Leuchte21BR RC8 & Leuchte20BR LA71 Leuchte-set are not used before implementing the changes. I've given the "boot-open" function the highest priority in my instructions because I figure that it's the most important activity (i.e either the engine will be off, or the car will be stopped when the hatch is opened - so there will be no priority conflict with any other lamp function on the 2 x outer tails)

Don
    Don
    Thanks for this and all other input. I seem to have missed the G & H adaptions
    Cheers MF
    btw I am actually a skippy transplant

I like to keep my menus and displays trimmed down (ie minimalist) to just the info and details I'm interested in. Less is more.
    Selfish perhaps, but hey, its my car.
    Thanks for any tips or clues for how to delete the compass heading from the MFD (display between the tacho and speedo) in a Mk7 R.
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by bgroper View Post
    I like to keep my menus and displays trimmed down (ie minimalist) to just the info and details I'm interested in. Less is more.
    Thanks for any tips or clues for how to delete the compass heading from the MFD (display between the tacho and speedo) in a Mk7 R.
    ^^^^Yes, you are correct - it is your car and you're perfectly entitled to be rid of that annoying direction display.

Mine is a wild guess - but the only adaptation channel that I can find on my car that is remotely related to "compass" and that is not "not active" is IDE04307-ENG117733-Vehicle function list BAP-compass_0x15_msg_bus. This channel has a factory setting Databus Infotainment. Might be worth experimenting with this - as I said, entirely untested suggestion

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by bgroper View Post
    Think I found it. Using OBDeleven.
    Control Unit 17 (Dashboard), Navigation/Compass, No.
    Coding and driving test needed to confirm.

Edit. All good. The annoying pseudo compass info is gone from the MFD.
    Last edited by bgroper; 08-12-2017 at 08:55 PM.

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cgentil View Post
    Activated. It says function unavailable at moment. It means it's a SWAP (function as product, code nees to be bought) function?

When I try output test on module 19 of IDE05583-Pause Recommendation it says
    Refused by Control module
    Message 7F 2F 22

Any help?
    Hi. Help?
    Best Regards,
    Chirag Geiantilal
    '06 - Volkswagen Passat 3C 2.0 TDI Highline - 2009 - 2017
    '12 - Volkswagen Golf VII 1.6 TDI Confortline - 2015 - ...

Has anyone with a 7.5 been bothered by the engine stop/start restarting when the car infront of you creeps forward in traffic? I find this extremely frustrating as I avoid inching forward in traffic to prevent wear on my DQ200. I've looked around in the adaptions for the ACC and front sensor but haven't found a way to turn it off - has anyone found a way to remove it?
    2018 Golf 7.5 110TSi Comfortline | Drivers Assistance Package | Retrofitted: Traffic Jam Assist | Emergency Assist II | Light Assist | OEM Vienna Leather Sports Seats with full Highline Interior | Power Folding Mirrors

Users Country Flag
    Hi. That is a bit old but I wonder if this can be done for Passat B8 in some way ?

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    As a factory setting, VW program their vehicles that are fitted with dual LED rear lamps so that the outer and inner LED indicators flash in unison with one another (i.e. they pulse on/off together). I recently found an interesting German video (copy below) showing Dual LED rear lamps that flashed asynchronously when the turn signal was operated. Clever folk those Germans!!

Galvanised into action by this intriguing (at least to me) lighting effect, I managed to develop a set of Leuchte programming instructions that would mimic the operation of the indicator lights in the video. Thought that it might be of interest to forum members that have dual LED fittings on their rear lights (like the Golf R).

For fellow "Leuchte geeks" (I proudly acknowledge being one!) reading this, the tweak uses the AB Alpha pair, which has the lowest priority in the Leuchte-set and it is based on the (less familiar) Blinken link/rechts Dunkelphase setting. But, the interesting part of the tweak is that instead of the usual practice of linking this setting with Dimmwert=0 and Dimming Direction=minimum, the tweak uses Dimmwert=100 and Dimming Direction=maximum (which is applied to the Heckdeckel channel on the AB alpha-pair). Fortuitously, both these settings are already set-up as default for the Dimming channels on the left/right side inner rear lights. This means that only Leuchte channel (4) on each lamp needs to be changed - making this a very simple tweak to implement! Programmed in this fashion, the LED indicator that has the Dunkelphase setting pulses counter to its neighbouring LED indicator which continues to use the factory programmed Hellphase setting. Here endeth the "geek" part of the tweak instructions!

Because my 103TSI mk7 has incandescent rear lamps, I have not been able to test this tweak on my vehicle (albeit, I suspect that a similar effect can be implemented by tweaking Leuchte23SL HLC10 and Leuchte24SL HRA65 on cars with incandescent fittings- something for a later experiment, perhaps). However, a forum colleague on VWVortex has confirmed that the tweak was successfully implemented on his vehicle (thanks Chillout). Also, I've been told by more knowledgeable folk (thanks again Chillout) that an appropriate description for the lighting effect is "pace car indicator" (I had never seen a pace-car, let alone knew how its lighting operated) - hence the heading to this post.

Lastly, I make no judgement regarding the compliance (or otherwise) of the "pace car indicator" with the Australian Design Rules ADR here in Oz, or whatever local legislation applies in other countries. Those wishing to implement the tweak will need to reach their own conclusions regarding this matter.

VCDS Tweak Instructions: "Pace - Car" Indicators for dual rear LED light fittings

1. Select 09 - Central Electr control module
    2. Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen
    3. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
    4. Select Adaptation - 10 from the "Open Controller" screen
    5. From the pull-down button check that the default settings for the adaptation channels shown in the table below are as indicated in the Old setting column
    6. Change the two Leuchte channels depicted in the table below to the values in the New Settings column.

Suggestion: use the new "search" facility on the latest RT software to find the channels listed below as follows:
    • Enter Leuchte16BLK into the search box to find the Left Hand LED channels
    • Enter Leuchte17TFL into the search box to find the Right Hand LED channels

Notes:
    1. Only one Leuchte channel for each of the left, right side lamps needs to be altered (i.e. (4)- Leuchte). I've included the remaining channels in the Leuchte sub-set as an aid to check the suitability of this tweak
    2. Do not implement this tweak if:

• The vehicle does not have dual LED indicators on each side
    • the default settings on the vehicle are not as shown in the "old setting" column

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark975 View Post
    Hi. That is a bit old but I wonder if this can be done for Passat B8 in some way ?
    Dark: Hi. Good question - to which the answer is maybe!

Although the Passat B8 and the Golf mk7 share the same MQB build platform and despite the fact that the Body Control Module (BCM) in both models use "Leuchte-sets" to control exterior lighting, the BCM pin configuration is different.

If you look at my instructions, you will see that I modify Leuchte17TFL R BLK BLK SRB3TFL R SR KC3 and Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9. The designations C3 and C9 mean that these Leuchte-sets control the lamps that are wired to pin #3 and pin#9 of the C connector on the BCM. On a mk7 Golf, these pins are wired to the inner LED turn signal lamp.

If you look at the admap HERE which is from the BCM of a Passat B8, you will see that the KC3 and KC9 Leutche-sets don't function as turn signals (they operate as Parking Lights).

I'm not sure if the 2 x Leuchte-sets above actually control the left/right inner rear lamps on a tail-light for a Passat B8. But, if you are prepared to participate in a little experimentation, I am willing to modify my instructions to suit your car.

What I need you to do is the following:
    1. Turn-on the Parking lights and confirm that the 2 x inner rear tail-light lamps illuminate. Turn-off the Parking lights
    2. Select 09 - Central Electr control module
    3. Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen
    4. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
    5. Select Adaptation - 10 from the "Open Controller" screen
    6. Enter "Leuchte16BLK" into the search box and select Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert AB 16
    7. Change the setting from 100 (or 127) to 0.
    8. Turn-on the Parking lights - the left inner rear tail-light should not illuminate. Turn-off the Parking lights
    9. Restore the original setting to Leuchte16BLK SLB35BLK SL KC9-Dimmwert AB 16
    10. Enter "Leuchte17TFL" into the search box and select Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmwert AB 17
    11. Change the setting from 127 to 0.
    12. Turn-on the Parking lights - the right inner rear tail-light should not illuminate. Turn-off the Parking lights
    13. Restore the original setting to Leuchte17TFL R BLK SRB3TFL R BLK SR KC3-Dimmwert AB 17
    14. Report observations here

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 15-12-2017 at 01:09 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Hey Don

You seem to be the resident forum expert with the codings.

I'm irritated by the nag screen which appears each time I launch the Navigation app in my Mk 7 R.
    Seems to come each first time Nav is launched in each driving session.
    "For your own safety, please follow traffic regulations at all times." A pointless PITA.

Is there some simple code to permanently turn off this unwanted nag pop-up ?

TIA's
    Last edited by bgroper; 15-12-2017 at 05:33 PM.

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag

2015 Golf R. Lapiz Blue.

Page 140 of 197 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190 ... LastLast