Support VWWC

Page 74 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

I played some more with the LED DRLs and have it all sorted now. Would be worth adding this to the VCDS Sticky.

If you want the DRL to dim when indicating, make sure:
    (6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 and (6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3) is 100. 127 causes it to stay bright. There is no difference between 100 and 127 in light output.
    Same for the CD Channel brightness. Default is 26, but I like mine at 100. Just don't use 127.

Then simply set:
    (12)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion E 2 = Blinken links aktiv (beide Phasen)
    (12)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion E 3 = Blinken rechts aktiv (beide Phasen)
    (14)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert EF 3 = 26
    (14)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert EF 2 = 26
    (15)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimming Direction EF 2 = minimize
    (15)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimming Direction EF 3 = minimize

https://youtu.be/m0R_FJjIPjQ
    Last edited by bobcrusader; 19-02-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Users Country Flag
    ^^^ ^stickyed^^^ ^

(add video when able)
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by XaGiCo View Post
    UPDATE TUTORIAL MODS VW GOLF MKVII v.1.3
    In Spanish!!
    MANY PICTURES!!!
    Good Day / Night!!

Regards!!

Club VW Golf Espaa
    Club VW Golf Espaa

XaGiCo
    XaGiCo: Hi. There is a tweak on your list that is similar to my instructions for increasing instrument panel illumination. It titled "Curva Intensidad Cuadro Instrumentos 2" - page 30. I'd like to anglicise the tweak instructions and to include it in this thread and on my reference thread (in English)

From the stuff that you have posted, it appears to have some Japanese/Chinese characters imbedded in the pictures. Can you tell me who the author was, so that I can make an accurate attribution of the original writer in my post - please?

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    XaGiCo: Hi. There is a tweak on your list that is similar to my instructions for increasing instrument panel illumination. It titled "Curva Intensidad Cuadro Instrumentos 2" - page 30. I'd like to anglicise the tweak instructions and to include it in this thread and on my reference thread (in English)

From the stuff that you have posted, it appears to have some Japanese/Chinese characters imbedded in the pictures. Can you tell me who the author was, so that I can make an accurate attribution of the original writer in my post - please?

Don
    Hi DV52

I don't understand Japanese. Google translator is a good tool.

The author Dolly55.
    Profile|Dolly55|Minkara - The Car & Automobile SNS (Blog - Parts - Maintenance - Mileage)

Regards

XaGiCo

Users Country Flag
    Hi, DV52 and XaGiCo.
    I originally posted this instructions for increasing instrument panel illumination in my Japanse "Minkara" SNS page as below.

VCDS メータパネルの照明を(昼間)明る する??|ゴルフ7/フォルクスワーゲン|整備手帳|シ クレア|みんカラ - 車・自動車SNS(ブ*グ・パーツ・整 ・燃費)
    After my post several members were arranged of my post how to increase instruments illumination by several different parameters.

I may help to translate this to English if you need. (But my English capability is limited...)

By the way STG17 security code has been changed from MY16 which friend of mine who has MY16 model can't change STG17 setting due to this issue. Dose some one find out new security code ?

XaGiCo your document seems excellent even I do not understand spanish language. May I introduce this document in my Japanese SNS page "Minkara" ?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by ZEAL8080 View Post
    Hi, DV52 and XaGiCo.
    I originally posted this instructions for increasing instrument panel illumination in my Japanse "Minkara" SNS page as below.

VCDS メータパルVCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7照明を(昼間)明るVCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7る??|ゴルフ7/フVCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7ルクスワーゲン|整VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7手帳|シンクレア|んカVCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7 - 車・自動車SNS(ブ*グ・パーツ・整VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7・燃費)
    After my post several members were arranged of my post how to increase instruments illumination by several different parameters.

I may help to translate this to English if you need. (But my English capability is limited...)

By the way STG17 security code has been changed from MY16 which friend of mine who has MY16 model can't change STG17 setting due to this issue. Dose some one find out new security code ?

XaGiCo your document seems excellent even I do not understand spanish language. May I introduce this document in my Japanese SNS page "Minkara" ?
    Thank you.
    Hi Zeal8080!

Thanks you for in ST17!

Thanks !!! VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Yes, you can publish image and link in "Minkara"

https://goo.gl/D37qgp

Good Day!

XaGiCo

Users Country Flag
    Hi,XaGiCo.
    Thank you!

Users Country Flag
    ZEAL8080 and XaGiCo. Hello to you both - It's certainly an honour and a privilege to talk to two such-knowledgeable forum colleagues!

ZEAL8080: I've use my friend "Google translate" to visit the Minkara forum and to look at your VCDS instructions - thank you for the link

Unfortunately, Google-translate wasn't good at turning Japanese into English, so I'm very much guessing what you had written!

To try and understand the basis of your instructions, I looked at my database to find-out how the factory values for the dimming_characteristic_curve_adjustment_clock_dial set of adaptation channels varies across countries. Here is what I found:

Clearly and fortunately there is no variation in the factory settings for this group of adaptation channels in the various markets in which the mk7 is sold (within my database), so this makes everything much simpler!

Alas I had a lot of difficulty in understanding how your tweak works (this was entirely my fault - my apology), but I've tried to summarise my findings below in table form so as to minimise my language deficiency:

What I think that you have written is to change only the day_Y group of adaptation channels as shown above. And I think that you have submitted two separate curves as alternatives (i.e. the "brighter" and "more brighter" columns in my table). Can you please confirm my guess as per the table above - thankyou

XaGiCo: I've also tried to decipher your instructions for the same tweak as per page 30 of your document. Again I had difficulty understanding the pictures (my fault again), but I think that you have submitted one curve only in your instructions. However, I might have this wrong. Can you please check my table and confirm that I have correctly interpreted your pictures on page 30- thanks

Don

Quote Originally Posted by ZEAL8080 View Post

ZEAL8080: Yes, it's true that the access code 20103 (which has worked up until now) is no longer valid on MY16 vehicles. I don't know why this has happened, but it has caused much consternation for those wishing to do VCDS tweaks on the instrument cluster module. As you are probably aware, the only way that the forum communities get to know these security codes is if there is a "leak" from VW head office, or one of their dealers. Alas I am not aware of anyone "leaking" the new security code for MY16 vehicles. But rest assured that as soon as anyone hears about this new code, we will all know together

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 21-02-2016 at 06:38 PM.

Users Country Flag
    try this login for MY16 STG17

Users Country Flag

Hi, DV52. Thank you for your reply.
    Based on my observation, X-Axis is photo transistor output which uses 8 bit long. And Y-Axis is intensity of meter panel(Clock_dial) which uses 6 bit long. I do not think to adjust X-axis value which is changed almost liner number. Thus I only changed Y-Axis value which can change the brightness of the meter panel.

At first, I changed Curve #1 Y-Axis value which looks good to identify need to turn on head light in evening time.

But it seems little dark in day time. So I modified Curve #2 which is more brighter. But it is bit hard to identify head light on time.
    However many people uses Autolight position which looks no major issue.

Thanks and regards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-light1-jpg   VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7-light2-jpg  

Page 74 of 197 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast