Page 62 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast

Thread: VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Users Country Flag

I changed the following to get full brightness all the time:
    (6)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert AB 2 from 100 to 127
    (6)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert AB 3 from 100 to 127
    (10)-Leuchte2SL VLB10-Dimmwert CD 2 from 26 to 127
    (10)-Leuchte3SL VRB21-Dimmwert CD 3 from 26 to 127

Will combine with the winking, but no real need on the LED versions, since the indicator is not integrated into the headlight like on the Audis.

Users Country Flag

VCDS (VAG-COM) codes and programmable options for Golf Mk7

Hi bobcrusader, thanks for posting your feedback. I did that myself but found 26 to 127 is too bright for the night time driving. I started noticing cars in front voluntarily giving way for me. I then settled for 35. But I must admit 127 day or night is simply WoW

And coming to wink, yes there is no real need to have wink as there are not connected like in Audi. But I like the look of wink, I wanted to see if that can done so played around. I observed when the light position is on (0) off mode not AUTO I moved 100 to 127 on AB, I noticed wink code did not work in EF also on GH too. But as soon as I reverted AB to 100 winking started working. I will double check that one more time.

Please keep posting your findings so we all can better understand this.

Regards,
    MRG
    Last edited by MRG_AU; 02-12-2015 at 05:42 PM.
    2015 Limestone grey Golf 103TSI Highline with Luxury pack and Driver Assistance Pack II
    2012 Pantom Black Audi Q5 3.0 TDI with B&O sound system

Users Country Flag

Warning: MIBII and HEX+CAN cable users

Not sure how many here have been following discussion on the RT forum about suspected problems with the compatibility of RT's latest software when used with HEX+CAN cables and the new MIBII units (i.e. control module at address Hex5F - Information elect.).

If not, the pertinent thread can be found HERE.

Bottom-line: If you are using a HEX+CAN cable, then you MUST load software version 15.7.3 (or later) to access MIBII modules
    Don
    Last edited by DV52; 18-12-2015 at 01:50 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag

LED Tail lights - Add Brake function to inner lights

The mk7 VCDS reference thread contains a tweak for adding the brake function to the inner lamps on mk7s with incandescent fitting, but I was asked recently to do the same for a Golf R which had LED rear tail lights. The following instructions will do just that - I hope!

I've yet to implement the tweak on the Golf R, but I'm reasonably confident that the instructions will work - if anyone tries it before I get access to the Golf R, please provide feedback

VCDS Tweak - Add "brake" function to "inner" tail lights

Preface: The fittings that will be altered by this tweak are those that are physically installed in the hatch lid (tailgate). The picture below shows the LH fitting and I have circled the relevant LEDs for reference (note: both left and right side fittings will be altered).
    As some will already know, the BCM manages lighting for the car's exterior lamps - in this instance the left and right side bank of LEDs on the inner rear fittings are each connected to the one pin on the BCM (i.e. PIN #6 on Socket C). This means that only one Leuchte-set needs to be altered (i.e. not surprisingly the Leuchte-set designated C6).

For the Leuchte-geeks, the two inner LED fittings are factory programmed to perform only one function; that being as a parking light with the illumination level set to a value of 10. To add the brake function, it is necessary to move the parking light function to the CD alpha pair thus allowing the vacated AB alpha pair to be used as a brake light. This gives the Brake-parking light combination the correct priority in instances where both functions are operated together

Instructions

1. Select 09 - Central Electr control module
    2. Select Security Access - 16 from the "Open Controller" screen
    3. Enter the magic number 31347 and return to the "Open Controller" screen
    4. Select Adaptation - 10 from the "Open Controller" screen
    5. Change the four Leuchte channels depicted in the table below to the values in the New Settings column.

Suggestion: use the "search" facility on the latest RT software to find the channels listed below as follows:
      Enter LRC6 into the search box to find the inner LED tail-light channels

Notes:

1. Four adaptation channel settings need to be changed as per the table above, but I have included the complete Leuchte-set for reference and for checking the suitability of the tweak on your car
    2. Do not implement these instructions if the Old Setting values are not the same as shown in the table
    Last edited by DV52; 07-12-2015 at 10:46 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Hi Don. I tried it with no chance. I also contacted becauto (seller) and they said there is a cable inside that makes the DRLs always on when the headlights are on. So if this connection is removes the DRLs will close only headlights will be on during drive which I will not accept. Can you suggest some coding that will keep the DRL's on when the headlights are on ? I think the seller did not know about this coding thing and the found a hardware resolution to this problem with the cable. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark975 View Post
    Hi Don,

I will try your latest suggestion today.

Besides, you said the bec auto web site says the drls are always on with the low lights, but in my car they are on even if the rotary light switch is at zero position. maybe it is setup with vag cable at the place that I had it installed. I can not get that info.

So maybe this explains whey it does not work, because at your below statement it says it is beaten by park light ?

By placing the Hellphase/Dunkelphase setting on channel ( 8 ), I have given the blinking function a relatively low priority. The blinking function for the LEDs has a higher priority than the DRL function, but it is "beaten" in priority by the Parking light function.

Thanks,

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark975 View Post
    Hi Don. I tried it with no chance. I also contacted becauto (seller) and they said there is a cable inside that makes the DRLs always on when the headlights are on. So if this connection is removes the DRLs will close only headlights will be on during drive which I will not accept. Can you suggest some coding that will keep the DRL's on when the headlights are on ? I think the seller did not know about this coding thing and the found a hardware resolution to this problem with the cable. Thanks.
    Dark975: Hello again. Yes it does appear that the internal wiring in your fittings wreak havoc with normal Leuchte programming!

Problem is that there is so little information regarding how the headlight assemblies are configured by whatever the manufacturer has installed inside the units.

I'm not sure that anything that I suggest will work on your fittings - what really needs to happen is for the fittings to be removed and put on a test bench and then experimented-on!

Nevertheless, in terms of your latest request - as I understand, your DRLs currently are switched-on when the headlights are off (i.e. the rotary switch in "0" position)- is this correct?

From your post above, you also want the DRLs to be switched-on when the dipped beam is switched-on. That means that the DRLs will be switched-on whenever the ignition is turned-on regardless of the settings on the rotary switch.

If you are sure that this is what you want - then this is the way it would normally be done:

• (5)-Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion B 4 change from not active to Abblendlicht links
    • (5)-Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion B 5 change from not active to Abblendlicht rechts

A word of caution - do not confuse the two settings above with Abbiegelichts links/rechts - the two are alike, but they are entirely different functions

Again, my instructions above are entirely untested

I have to say though that my suspicion is that on your headlight assemblies, the DRLs are not operated by the BCM at all and therefore the Leuchte channels have no effect. This is why I think that you couldn't turn-off the DRLs with the Leuchte instructions that I gave you previously. Instead, I suspect that the DRLs are automatically turned-on with the ignition by the headlight fitting (not by the BCM as in a normal mk7 fitting) and the DRLs are turned-off with the Dipped beam (which is controlled by the BCM).

So I fear that my instructions above will fail - but it's worth a try, I guess

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 10-12-2015 at 12:04 AM.

Users Country Flag
    DV52, thanks for the detailed info re inner brake LEDs. Did the tweak today, all went smoothly.
    Much appreciated
    Sold - CW Mk6 MY12 GTI 5 Door DSG, Sunroof, Leather, RNS510, MDI, Tints, Lakin plate holders, BT & RVC, projected 'GTI' door lights

Current - Lapiz blue mk7 Golf R DSG fully optioned.

Users Country Flag
    Any chance it's possible to stop the MFD from staying on the phone interface after taking a call?

I use the digital speedometer. If I receive a phone call the MFD switches to the phone interface (which in itself is minor annoyance). However after I hang up, it stays on the phone interface rather then reverting to the last interface that was used.

It might even be a standard setting I can configure. Only really thought about that as I typed this out. Will try tomorrow.
    2016 GTI Performance | Pure White | JB1 | Dog Bone | Full Tint | Stop/Start Delete | Avatar by sandwg

VCDS Coding for MIBII

Hi Guys is there any one who can do a dump of the VCDS coding for the MIBII Radio platform from VAGCOM and send to me please.

Thanks kindly

peekay34@yahoo.com

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by peekay34 View Post
    Hi Guys is there any one who can do a dump of the VCDS coding for the MIBII Radio platform from VAGCOM and send to me please.

Thanks kindly

peekay34@yahoo.com
    peekay: HERE you go - I suggest that you download the spreadsheet rather than view it on-line ( dropbox can't seem to manage my formatting -sorry). There's admaps from the MIBII units of 9 x different vehicles from Australia, Europe, USA and Canada in my spreadsheet. The MIBII table is starting to look as huge as the BCM - it currently has 926 x adaptation channels (and growing)

Please be careful when accessing the control module at address 5F. Unless you have the newer, faster HEX-NET cable, only use Beta version 15.7.3. Ross Tech has confirmed that the HEX+CAN cables running the current release version 15.7.2 (or older) aren't able to handle the new 24 bit structure of the MIBII (they are too slow in responding to the polling). Unfortunately these cables running this software can have the effect of altering the children channels of some of the parent adaptation channels ( I wasn't aware that there was a parent-child relationship with adaption channels in the mk7 until the MIBII). The result is that some folk have lost access to some of the MIBII screens (I understand that the functions in the lost screens still work - they just can't be accessed to change how they work)

Don
    Last edited by DV52; 17-12-2015 at 11:24 PM.

Page 62 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472112162 ... LastLast