Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Turbo blown/issue

Users Country Flag

Turbo blown/issue

hi all,

I'm wondering if any of the more experienced or people who have had a similar issue can add to this thread, so all advice welcome. I have the TSI 2.0 EA888 Gen 3 engine. I have have modded it (yes I knew the risks when I did it) stage 2 + tune.

Long story short, I set off driving yesterday and im 99% sure the turbo has blown. The car is undrivable and I plan on taking it to the garage tomorrow at its a bank holiday here today in QLD ( another problem I didn't need)

Im researching as much as I can, and I realise until the diagnosis is done I need to look at my options then.

My question in the mean time is: what are my options in replacing the turbo? what turbos are recommended. Can parts it be bought in Qld or Australia, or I going have to fact the fact it will need to go to Germany or the like and take several weeks to do so?

Many thanks in advance during this sad time. Feel free to ask me anything I've missed.
    Last edited by Goublin; 07-05-2018 at 09:19 AM.

Google a wrecker and search parts to find a replacement turbo will be the quickest way to source parts.

Although if your running a stage two you probably want to look a brand new one.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Grugly View Post
    Google a wrecker and search parts to find a replacement turbo will be the quickest way to source parts.

Although if your running a stage two you probably want to look a brand new one.

just researching turbos now. pop lm 440 or the
    TTE525R.​I think running at stage 2 + I may need a turbo that fits that, rather than being in a similar situation in few months. just wonder if anyone has changed turbo and what is a good one to go with. cheers

Users Country Flag
    Sorry to hear about your situation, how long / miles had you run stage 1 and 2 ???
    Is yours a GTi or R ?

Quote Originally Posted by slin View Post
    Sorry to hear about your situation, how long / miles had you run stage 1 and 2 ???
    Is yours a GTi or R ?

had the car since oct. R-line stage 2 plus. Racingline

Quote Originally Posted by Goublin View Post
    had the car since oct. R-line stage 2 plus. Racingline
    Are you sure the Turbo is blown? These cars have a history of blowing off intercooler hoses due to weakened clips. This will give you no boost and be the same symptoms as a failed turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2.0TDI Comfortline, Candy White, Sun Roof, Leather, SATNAV, Bluetooth, 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by pallman View Post
    Are you sure the Turbo is blown? These cars have a history of blowing off intercooler hoses due to weakened clips. This will give you no boost and be the same symptoms as a failed turbo.

only a guess, ill know tomorrow when it goes the garage. I really hope thats all it is. I know when it was plugged in a few days ago there was an error/issue with the waste gate. the was a lot of white smoke happening when I did it. car will not start.

My 2.0TDI has blown off its intercooler hoses twice from two separate locations. I hope it will be this as it is cheap and easy to fix.

2.0TDI Comfortline, Candy White, Sun Roof, Leather, SATNAV, Bluetooth, 6 Speed Manual

Quote Originally Posted by pallman View Post
    My 2.0TDI has blown off its intercooler hoses twice from two separate locations. I hope it will be this as it is cheap and easy to fix.

thanks dude, I hope so. I had a racingline intercooler installed a few weeks ago. hope its something like that. went to the car this morning as im getting it towed tomorrow. oil on the back of the turbo on the waste gate, clean on the front of the turbo was fine.

d-day tomorrow

Users Country Flag

Goublin, is this a MK7R?

Underground Performance - Home | Facebook

We might have a few solutions for you, IS38 or hybrid.

525 is pretty laggy, 4K spool doesnt make it much of a street car.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast