Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Users Country Flag

That's for Audi MMI does it work for MIB also?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    That's for Audi MMI does it work for MIB also?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    kamold: Perhaps I wasn't clear - I don't know, I'm suggesting that OP might try.

The App of course is purpose written for a mk7 - so that should work

Don
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Traffic info availability in 7.5 golf

Hi...this may have been answered before, but should the traffic info work in the 7.5 golfs?

i have enabled the TP option but the TMC looks to be crossed out. Is this available in Oz? I understand the TMC messages aren’t the best...they typically tell you of an accident after you are caught in them. Ideally the same traffic congestion colour features in google maps would be useful but I’m guessing this isn’t possible as we don’t have car-net over here.

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Users Country Flag
    I avoid the VW nav and use Google Maps or Apple Maps which does the traffic stuff by default.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

The TP option works in mk7 GTI so I assume it should work in the mk7.5 cars....

Users Country Flag
    It's working in my 7.5 Alltrack
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlock View Post
    I avoid the VW nav and use Google Maps ... which does the traffic stuff by default.
    +1 for Andriod Auto
    Current : 2017 Mk7 Golf R (most options) || 2012 Golf Mk6 TDi (few options)
    Gone : 2004 Bora V6 4Motion (few klms, all options)

><(((°> ><(((°>

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    i have enabled the TP option but the TMC looks to be crossed out.
    Working from memory here but don't you have to enable both RDS and TP to get traffic to work???

Users Country Flag
    Hmm............... TP should be active on the 7.5 Golf. Perhaps it hasn't been set-up properly in the FM radio section of the MIB unit. You need to place a tick in the Traffic Program box (see below). If this is done correctly, you should see TP appear on the FM radio screen (see below)

As for enabling TMC, which is an entirely different thing - you will need access to a diagnostic cable/dongle to do this if its not enabled from the factory. I've put the tweak instructions for TMC HERE if you have a VCDS cable

And the instructions for the tweak using OBDeleven are as follows:

You will also need to ensure that Radio Text and RDS is activated (see below). This is because TMC in Australia uses a sub-harmonic of the RDS frequency on the FM band. RDS is the carrier frequency that populates the "textual' information on the FM band screen (see below)

If all goes well you should see the final screen shot below when you press the TRAFFIC button (sorry for the fuzzy image)

Don

Last edited by DV52; 15-10-2017 at 05:36 PM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Thanks DV52,
    interestingly I dont have the same advanced options as the screenshot...no rds tick box.
    Might be related to tmc not being enabled though. I’m gonna check with the dealer to see if it in theory was supposed to be active.
    cheers

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast