Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Traffic Reports with Discover Headunit

Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Eaglehawk: explanation of numbering follows:

Australia uses SUNA, I've seen lots of UK admaps that have 32771 setting. In answer to your question, I have changed a couple of units with 65535 and it has worked OK - but I needed to reset the MIB unit in each case and wait a while before the Traffic table was populated . On one of the cars, it didn't work until the owner started the car the next day - go figure!!

Don
    I have Wolfsburg Golf R with MIB2
    Hardware: H24
    Software: 0241

Still not working.
    I will try reboot again.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    I needed to reset the MIB unit in each case

Don
    In my friend's words..."Errr...how?" (He's a bit worried about doing this under warranty, I think it's a great time to do it...)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    In my friend's words..."Errr...how?" (He's a bit worried about doing this under warranty, I think it's a great time to do it...)
    Eaglehawk: The process is exactly the same as in my response in Post #24 (previous page)

Don

PS: Agree- good time to do it. If the tweak goes pear-shape (and I don't see why it would go pear-shape - at worst TMC just won't work), then revert the value back and in a dignified but suitably irate manner, tell the dealer that the car he sold is a "hunk-of-sh%t" and fix it immediately!!
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by CandE View Post
    I have Wolfsburg Golf R with MIB2
    Hardware: H24
    Software: 0241

Still not working.
    I will try reboot again.
    I had my car serviced recently by VW and got them to update MIB2 which is now software version 0245.
    Traffic update still won't work, not sure what else I can do to get it to work.

Users Country Flag
    I had my car serviced recently by VW and got them to update MIB2 which is now software version 0245.
    Doesn't work with that series of firmware which is all that's available for that hardware at this point.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Did you use a vcds to activate it? I have helped a few wolfburg golf r turn it on no problems.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kut View Post
    Did you use a vcds to activate it? I have helped a few wolfburg golf r turn it on no problems.
    What software version though?
    I've not been able to activate any running 02xx.
    06xx no problems.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kut View Post
    I used OB11

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Doesn't work with that series of firmware which is all that's available for that hardware at this point.
    Dealer serviced car this week, confirmed S/W 0245 is still the current version for H24 vehicles.
    My16 Golf Alltrack, DAP
    MY18 Golf Comfortline

Hi all I just got a 2017 Passat 206 TSI R -line with the discover pro (H51) unit and it doesnt have RDS option turned on, how can i enable this if possible? I would buy ODB11 if someone can confirm? Also google earth and car net options missing too, I hope this is only a software thing?? I did contact VW and they said not available in Australia so im turning to the geniuses on this forum for help!
    Last edited by bunglebp; 17-05-2017 at 09:58 AM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast