Support VWWC

Thread: Steering Wheel jerks/twitches...

Users Country Flag

Steering Wheel jerks/twitches...

So I have a 2 month old Wolf hatch and from day one of owning her the steering wheel will randomly jerk or twitch to the right. Not during acceleration but at constant speed say at 60km/h.
    Its really random. I can accelerate hard from stop and no issue.
    The vehicle tracks straight at any speed...
    Tyres are all at the same psi.
    Im thinking maybe with the 19 inch rims and low profile tyres that the vehicle may pick up any crease in the road and try to follow it???
    Either way I think I might book her in with VW to check things out incase there is an issue.
    Anyone got any ideas on this or have similar experiences???

Cheers.

Users Country Flag
    Are you sure it is not the lane guidance feature trying to keep you away from the left side of the lane?
    I feel the same twitch/jerk when I don't realise the lane guidance has activated and I am too close to the lane markers.
    Mk 7.5 GTI | Manual | Indium Grey | Driver Assist | Infotainment | Luxury Package

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Hmmm not sure mate.. I will turn it off and monitor it.. See if anything happens. Cheers for the idea...

I'd also bet on it being the lane assistance function. I mostly notice it on mine when I go from two lanes to one and the car notices that I'm suddenly not in the middle of my lane, and sometimes when I veer left or right to avoid a pothole..
    2017 MY18 Golf R 7.5 Wolfsburg wagon (boring white) delivered 21 Sep 2017, 2008 Octavia vRS wagon 2.0 TFSI 6M (bright yellow), 2006 T5 Transporter van 2.5 TDI 6M (gone but not forgotten).

Users Country Flag
    Yep definitely the lane assist function at work

I have 19 inch rims on my 7.5 also and you get a little tramlining but the jerky/twitchy feeling your getting is lane assist
    2017 Golf Alltrack 135tdi All options
    19 inch Brescia Wheels Golf R brakes front and rear
    Calipers painted Candy apple gold
    New rear sway bar and linkages

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Thanks guys.. yep did a test today. Drove with the setting off and all good. Then back on and did some testing and it did.

Much appreciate the feedback...
    MK7.5 Wolfsburg.....

Users Country Flag
    Good to hear.

I'm still getting used to the VW system, it was more a vibration in the BMW so you couldn't mistake it for anything else.

--- FS: 2016 Golf GTI 40 years, white, DSG, 18,xxxkm -------------------------------------------------------------------
    2019 Audi SQ5 | 2016 Golf GTI CS + OZ UL HLTs | Retired: 2018 Audi RS3 sportback + OZ Leggera HLTs
    2017 Golf R Wolfsburg Sportwagen | 2016 BMW 340i + M-Performance tune/exhaust | 2015 Audi S3 sedan
    2014 Golf GTI + OZ Leggera HLTs | 2012 Polo 77TSI (hers) | 2010 Golf GTI Stage 2 + OZ ST LMs

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Good to hear.

I'm still getting used to the VW system, it was more a vibration in the BMW so you couldn't mistake it for anything else.
    on mine the lane warning is a vibrate where the lane guidance is a tug

Users Country Flag

I wish the driver assistance settings followed drive mode. That way I could have. Lane assist off in sport, Lane assist on in normal and lane assist and adaptive lane assist on in comfort.

For now I just toggle via the shortcut button.