Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Side Assist "Function Not Available"

Users Country Flag

Side Assist "Function Not Available"

So my MK7.5 is telling me

Side Assit and Blind Spot is not available.

In setting Side Assist is unchecked and cannot be enabled. I get "Function Not Available"
    Blind assist is checked, but I can't uncheck it. When I try I get the same "Function Not Available"
    The blind spot system isn't working.

However Park assist works just fine. I get beeps from all sides of the car.
    The car also parked itself in a tiny carpark perfectly.

Anyone had this before? I have made some OBDEleven changes, but nothing out of the ordinary. Last change was over a month ago and side assist only stopped working this week.

Users Country Flag
    Side assist uses radar, whereas park assist uses sensors,
    just read someone has the same problem over on the tiggy forum, think it was a short on the drivers door

Users Country Flag
    If you've got the means, do a scan (but don't clear it!), and see what the deal is.
    '07 Transporter 1.9 TDI
    '01 Beetle 2.0

My blind spot assist just stopped working a well. I also get "function not available" when I try to turn it back on.
    Going to call the dealership next week. It crazy how quickly you get used to it now!

Users Country Flag
    If blind spot assist is the one that lights up in the wing mirror, I must admit I don’t find it useful in the Golf at all. I’ve never seen it lit when I couldn’t see a car in the wing mirror. My wife’s CX-9 is a different story...it’s very useful there.
    May I suggest those that find blind spot assist useful to google how to set your wing mirrors properly. Makes a big difference. Hint: if you can see your own car’s sides in your wing mirror then you probably haven’t set them correctly. They are probably mostly covering what your rear view can already see.
    Looking for:- RS4 B7 Avant.
    Current:- Amarok V6 Sportline; Mazda CX-9 Azami AWD
    Previous - Mk 6 R manual; Mk 7 R manual; Passat 130 TDi Wagon. Mk 7.5 Wolfsburg Wagon.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Downloaded the ODBII Fault codes via my OBDEleven.

https://pastebin.com/4dmaE50i

In particular for the Lane Change Assistant.

• 3C Lane Change Assistant

• System description: HRE_Master
    • Software number: 5Q0907686C
    • Software version: 0080
    • Hardware number: 5Q0907686C
    • Hardware version: H12
    • Serial number: 0449021418
    • ODX name: EV_HREntryHella
    • ODX version: 001028
    • Long coding: 00000000

• Trouble codes:
    • U101300 - Control module not coded
    • static
    • B200500 - Data record invalid
    • static
    • B201200 - Data set implausible
    • Intermittent
    Last edited by crainger; 13-05-2018 at 01:43 PM.

Users Country Flag
    That module has to be completely reprogrammed.
    It doesn't have a valid parameter set, let alone valid coding.
    Go back to your dealer and don't mention anything about coding.
    Coding? I don't know what you are talking about!

I have no idea how OBD11 could possibly have done that. And perhaps it didnt.
    But you will only get to that state in one of a few scenarios:
    -Brand new module off the shelf that wasn't installed in the factory, that has not yet been configured for the car in which it is to be installed
    -After some firmware upgrades to modules, a new parameter set needs to be applied (but not always)
    -The internal memory of the module somehow got messed up or corrupted.

However it happened, just take the car back and tell them you noticed side assist is not working.
    Dealer tools will identify the fault and try to upload the correct dataset and coding. If that fails they will replace the module.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks kamold. Will see how I go.

No idea what could have caused it. I can't see anything in the history for any module that could upset the Lane Change.

The last mod I did was a long coding of TMC and removal of the nag screen at a smidge over 5000km, lane change failed 1000km later.
    At the same time I enabled fog lights for CH/LH via the OBD11 one touch app.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_R View Post
    If blind spot assist is the one that lights up in the wing mirror, I must admit I don’t find it useful in the Golf at all. I’ve never seen it lit when I couldn’t see a car in the wing mirror. My wife’s CX-9 is a different story...it’s very useful there.
    May I suggest those that find blind spot assist useful to google how to set your wing mirrors properly. Makes a big difference. Hint: if you can see your own car’s sides in your wing mirror then you probably haven’t set them correctly. They are probably mostly covering what your rear view can already see.
    I know we’re getting off topic but I agree, I don’t find the BSM useful on the Golf. My old WRX would even warn me if a faster vehicle was approaching from either of the adjacent lanes!
    2002 Volkswagen Bora V5 - 2007 Mazda 3 GT - 1998 Ford Contour Sport - 2010 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0T - 2013 Volkswagen Passat 130TDI - 2015 Ford Escape 1.5 - 2016 Subaru WRX - 2018 Volkswagen Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon

Well car was checked today. Looks to be a bad module. New module on order to be fitted next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast