Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SD Card music

SD Card music

Hi all, Can someone show how the SD card directory should look like for music? Just want something to do while waiting for delivery. mkvii gti

Users Country Flag
    Dont know about that one but I just stuck 6000 tracks on a card and it plays in my RNS510
    2021 Kamiq LE 110 , Moon White, BV cameras F & B
    Mamba Ebike to replace Tiguan

Wow 6000 .. I will keep down loading. I don't know what model my player will be.

Users Country Flag
    yes, i would have that many also.....brilliant set up
    Current - 2015 Tiguan 155 R-Line.
    Previous - Jetta MkV 147 Turbo, Viezu Raceday mapped, Carbonio CAI, Quad Exhaust System, R8 Coil pack, Whiteline Swaybar, GTi Steering wheel with paddles, Alloy pedals, RNS510 & Leather.

Been meaning to plonk a stack of music on an SD card to see how this set up goes. PC SD card reader's decided to cark it so well have to wait..

Do the album covers show up normally or do you need to create folders with them in it?

Is there a list of the benefits SD has over Bluetooth streaming?
    MY16 MK7 Golf GTI
    - Manual - Sunroof - Folding Mirrors - Lock/Unlock Chirp - 4x Indicator Flash - Traffic - MK7.5 LED Tail Lights with Sweeping Indicators - Dynablink Sweeping mirror LEDs - White LED's on rear rego plate -

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralfi View Post
    Been meaning to plonk a stack of music on an SD card to see how this set up goes. PC SD card reader's decided to cark it so well have to wait..

Do the album covers show up normally or do you need to create folders with them in it?

Is there a list of the benefits SD has over Bluetooth streaming?
    I had a heap of MP3's s (individual tracks) and I just copied them from my HDD folder to the root of the SD card Most had names and artist but some dont.

I just use bluetooth for my phone

Users Country Flag
    For what it's worth, i reckon that the first consideration when creating a play list for the SD card is the playing order. I'm probably telling readers what they already know (apology), but this is the playing order that the Discover media/pro uses:
    First songs played are those in the root directory,
    Second priority is the first folder from the root, followed by its sub-folders (there is a setting in the menu that enables sub-folders to be ignored in the playing list)
    Then subsequent folders and their sub directories (again, dependent on the menu setting)

Don

PS: incidentally, in answer to the question about the "album cover", I've found that the picture file needs to be placed into the same directory as the songs (i understand that this requirement can cause problems with displaying album covers on apple based playlists). There's a size limit to the picture file, but pretty-much the popular file formats are acceptable.
    Last edited by DV52; 28-05-2015 at 08:54 AM.
    Please don't PM to ask questions about coding, or vehicle repairs. The better place to deal with these matters is on-line, in the forum proper. That way you get the benefit of the expertise of the wider forum! Thank you.

Users Country Flag
    Can I ask why you need Album covers on a car player. You are supposed to listen to the music and watch the road.
    Or is it only me that does that

Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Can I ask why you need Album covers on a car player. You are supposed to listen to the music and watch the road.
    Or is it only me that does that
    I went to a *lot* of trouble to get all the cover art (and tags, and playlists) working properly from SD in my new S3. It's all about the bling.
    2008 MkV Volkswagen Golf R32 DSG
    2005 MkV Volkswagen Golf 2.0 FSI Auto
    Sold: 2015 8V Audi S3 Sedan Manual
    Sold: 2010 MkVI Volkswagen Golf GTI DSG

Users Country Flag

Oh an Audi Eh Well an acquaintance (who owns a Peugeot ) perish the thought, gave me a definition of an Audi yesterday.

Said is the only car to advertise its resale value on both ends. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast