Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5

Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5

I have seem images and reviews where the current speed limit is shown in the display on the top line of the drivers screen. Anyone know how to make this happen.

I have attached a link to ODBelevn forum where you can see a screen shot showing the speed sign

Golf MK7 Facelift Mods | OBDeleven

Users Country Flag
    It's usually in the VCDS thread but this is what I used for the Alltrack

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display
    Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
    Select Adaptations, then Vehicle_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
    Select menu_display_road_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Enabled
    Select Adaptions, Vehicle_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
    Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
    Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6
    Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
    Go into Module 17 Instruments
    Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
    Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
    Reboot the infotainment unit
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Thanks looks to be similar instructions that are on AutoInstruct, not sure why this is not turned on by the dealer. I have the necessary options, so will give this a go next weekend. For reference here are the instructions I found on above website

Traffic Sign Assist Activation (Car must be fitted with Camera)
    Vehicle camera will read traffic signs and display the posted speed in the cluster.

Select Control unit 5F (Information Electrical)
    Adaptation
    Select channel (63) vehicle function list BAP traffic_sign_recognition_0x21
    Değer=Active
    Select channel (151) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification
    Değer=Active
    Select channel (153) vehicle menu operation-menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_thresho ld_high
    Değer=Active
    Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)
    Security access
    Access Code 20103
    Control unit Long Coding
    Byte 1
    Bit 0 Activate – “01 Traffic Sign Recognition (FTE) active”
    Select Control unit 17 (Dashboard)
    Control unit Long Coding
    Byte 5
    Bit 2 Aktivate
    Control unit A5 (front / advance camera)
    Adaptation
    Select : channel numbers indicate end of speed limit
    Importance to actively invest Show Valid suffix
    View Channel Valid suffix
    Corresponding value adjust default: 00100111

Users Country Flag
    They are similar but you'll find the 7.5 has changed a bit from those instructions on AutoInstruct. Although it does work here for the most part, the Euros seem have their road signage more consistent. The dealer won't turn on anything that VW hasn't.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Users Country Flag
    Used a OBDeleven worked my way through looks to be OK I noticed now I occasionally get two speeds in the centre navigation screen

i.e 60 kph current on top and the incoming 40 kph which is a few 100 metres ahead, which is fine.

60 kph
    40 kph

The cluster display sometimes stacks the speed so I assume it's also duplicating the centre console, the good thing about the cluster display it's on the top bar, so displays regardless of which information screen you are using.

Note: Ignore the reported duplicated speed above, after rebooting the DP Gen2 there is only one speed sign displayed.

Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5-2018-03-23_1150-png
    Last edited by rosslm; 25-03-2018 at 07:14 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

Users Country Flag
    Some of the instructions mention that you get a error warning and a chime just after you start driving which cannot be disabled.

Do you experience this?
    CURRENT: MY18 Lapiz Blue Golf R Wagon - Wolfsburg Edition with Panoramic Roof
    SOLD: MY12.5 United Grey Golf R - DSG, Leather, RNS510, Recode Stage 1 Tune, Focal IFVW, New South Performance Boost Gauge
    SOLD: MY07 Reflex Silver Golf GTI - DSG, Sunroof, Chipped UK ST3 Tune, New South Performance Indigo Gauges, Custom stereo by FHRX Studios

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzin View Post
    Some of the instructions mention that you get a error warning and a chime just after you start driving which cannot be disabled.

Do you experience this?
    Yes there is an warning "Dynamic Road Sign Display currently restricted" message pops up after 1-2 minutes for a few seconds no audible warning. I assume this pops up because the camera cannot lock onto a speed sign, as soon as a speed limit sign is registered it appears on the console. I'm assuming this is normal if a speed sign is not seen within a few minutes of starting. Open to opinion from others if this is consistent with other implementations. It's still better to have the speed displayed than not, I'm not worried about the initial warning.

Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5-2018-03-23_1850-png
    Last edited by rosslm; 23-03-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    2017 MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg | Oryx White | DSG / 2021 MY21 T-Cross Style | S+V Package | Limestone Grey

These are the changes I made, it follows the ones posted above but the menu names have changed slightly - car is a golf GTi 7.5 MY18 for reference.

Enable Dynamic Road Sign Display
    Go into Module 5F Information Electronics
    Select Adaptations, then Car_Functions_List_BAP_Gen2
    Select traffic_sign_identification_0x21, and set to Activated
    Select Adaptions, Car_Function_Adaptations_Gen2-menu
    Select menu_display_road_sign_identification, set to Enabled
    Select Coding, and then select Byte 24, activate Bit 6 - already ticked in long coding
    Go into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    Select Coding, and then select Byte 16, activate Bit 4
    Go into Module 17 Dash Board
    Select Coding, then Byte 5, active bit 2
    Go back into Module A5 - Front Sensor Driver Assistance
    Select Adaptations, then Road sign detection fusion mode, and change to Road Sign Detection. The original is Road Sign Fusion
    Enter Code 20103 to save the change
    Reboot the infotainment unit

Note after each change with ODBeleven you need to press the green tick to save each change. One of the better changes I have made apart from turning on traffic information. Final note getting the all touch screen to reboot is a interesting as it keeps turning off, but continue to hold firm and you will see a slight flash of the menu and then after a few seconds the GTi screen will load.
    Last edited by vdeknock; 24-03-2018 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rosslm View Post
    Yes there is an warning "Dynamic Road Sign Display currently restricted" message pops up after 1-2 minutes for a few seconds no audible warning. I assume this pops up because the camera cannot lock onto a speed sign, as soon as a speed limit sign is registered it appears on the console. I'm assuming this is normal if a speed sign is not seen within a few minutes of starting. Open to opinion from others if this is consistent with other implementations. It's still better to have the speed displayed than not, I'm not worried about the initial warning.

Post speed sign in active display GTi 7.5-2018-03-23_1850-png
    I have been experimenting today and went via two speed signs that registered with the system, still got the warning message. Would be good to try and work out why but I can live with a random message for a few seconds.

Cant work out why VW AUS would not enable this when you add the DA Package to your car, so much better than a static system.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by vdeknock View Post
    I have been experimenting today and went via two speed signs that registered with the system, still got the warning message. Would be good to try and work out why but I can live with a random message for a few seconds.

Cant work out why VW AUS would not enable this when you add the DA Package to your car, so much better than a static system.
    I am assuming default OZ setup is to get speed from GPS so if you cut over to sign recognition only they display a default warning because it is dependent on speed signs being available which may not be the case in rural areas. But otherwise it seems to work just fine, the warning only seems to appear once after 1-2 minutes.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast