Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opticoat.

Opticoat.

Hey Dubbers,
    I am going to get the new Golf OptiCoated, but have been quoted $1450 to have it done.
    This seems very expensive to get done.
    Is there any other product that are as good?
    Or is this the price for OptiCoating a car?

Sent from my iPhone
    2014 VW Golf TDI Highline DSG - Limestone Green, DAP, Xenons
    2018 VW Golf R Hatch DSG - White Silver, DAP , Dynaudio
    2016 Skoda Superb 140TDI - Family Members
    2013 VW Amarok TDI420 Highline Auto - Family Members

Dont forget your not just paying for Opticoat but for a professional installer to correct and polish the paint first. The opticoat is then protecting the perfected finish.

It depends what the detailer is doing in terms of surface preparation. For that price I’d expect a 2 day process with the car getting a full polish/ all surface marks removed prior to application of the product and then sitting under heat lamps for 24 hours to bake the product and allow it to fully cure.

If it’s a quick wash, buff, apt product and out the door same day the $600-$800 is probably closer to the mark.

Personally I find If hard to spend that sort of $ on something that’s not going to add any value to the car. Just get a ceramic coating and apply it yourself. Allow a good half day to wash, decontamination and apply product. I’ve used C-Quartz and relatively happy with the result. You will have to reapply ever 6-12 months but it’ll give you protection from bird droppings, bead nicely but may not have the longevity of some of the “professional” products.

Having said that I had Opticoat on the previous car and the beading was gone after 6 months. Even after taking back for decontamination it only lasted a couple of months.

That’s why I think a ceramic coating and/or traditional wax is almost just as good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017 Tiguan Sportline - Tigger73's 162TSI Sportline

2016 Scirocco R, stage 1, 205kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's Scirocco R Build
    2013 Tiguan 155TSI, stage 1, 144kwaw (sold) - Tigger73's 155TSI Build
    2011 Tiguan 125TSI, Stage 2+, 152kwaw (sold)
    - Tigger73's 125TSI Build

Users Country Flag
    $1450 is on the high side. I paid $1100 for a Mazda3 at Christmas but it was a special deal as I got the windows tinted and the wheels Opticoated at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    MY08 Mk5 GT Sport - sold
    MY14 Tiguan 118TSI - sold (Mazda3 SP25GT in its place)
    MY16 Golf 7R: sold (Caterham Super 7 and Hyundai i30N in its place)

Users Country Flag
    I got my wheels nano coated and that still does not stop VAG dust from sticking to the rims, would say it’s made no difference.. I am doing the wax thing on my car , but my mate says the nano coat is the best thing he did to his VW.

Users Country Flag
    Hey Alex
    I got a pomponazzi ceramic coat on my car i love it been nearly 8 months in a high contamination environment and still glossy and beads water
    I will be getting it claybar cleaned after 12 months to remove contamination and keep it in condition
    Check the detailing thread if your in Melbourne there is a good deal on pomponazzi from dans
    Opticoat is good but not as good as a ceramic coat your car will always look freshly waxed and most dirt ect will come off with a pressure wash no hand wash needed every week i hand wash mine every 2nd or 3rd month with a pressure wash to remove road grime and dust 2 times a week
    Let us know how you go post some pictures in the pomponazzi thread and do some updates to help others who are thinking about paint protection
    Good luck with whatever you go with

Users Country Flag
    Anyone used the 9H ceramic coating?

Was considering this for my new TIG but if it only last 6-12months then for the $800 odd bux does not seem to be worth it.

Opticoat.

I’m in same boat at this time.
    I have a brand new V6 Amarok.
    I call opticoat they told me don’t waist your money you have a black car sleeping outside, it’s not going to work. Full car and body $900.
    Ceramic pro 9H, will do for $1095 gold package. Wash and prep car, full car, rims, windows and inside treated to.
    They are garantie they product if it stops working bring it back they will rectify. (I suppose means not beading, swirl marks.)
    Plus free 6month and 12 month check up and clean.
    I’m really tempted but still in fence atm....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users Country Flag
    Make sure you get a full paint correction done any marks or swirls that are not fixed beforehand will be forever sealed under the coat esp as you have a black car they show everything up
    Check the detailing thread for pomponazzi 880x i have photos of my new car before and after correction
    Don't believe just cause its new the paint does not need work
    I can recommend pomponazzi my car is always outside in harsh conditions and still looks brand new

Users Country Flag

I'd reccomend clear plastic something like XPEL full front bonnet boot lip for that kind of money. No amount of paint treatment will stop stone chips

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast