Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Mk7 Golf DSG / Clutch / Shudder / Squeal Issues Thread

Users Country Flag

Well i have it booked in for Friday, its done approx 30k and is 1.5 months past the 3 years warranty Im 100% sure it has a problem . According to the wife its been present for a long time but she thought it was normal, she only said something because the shudder got worse. If im out of luck and vw dont cover the costs then i wll trade it in for the same car but in a manual.
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch77 View Post
    Yes the 5 year warranty deal was for a short term period at the height of the (false) DSG scares.

VW actually told me 'we are dropping back to three years because if we keep it at five people will think something is wrong with it' - I would prefer to have bad thoughts and peace of mind myself.

How many of the other DSGs in your family group are six speed/wet a la your GTI v the seven speed/dry box? Unfortunately that's where the problem may lie.
    7 dsgs in total 5xdq250 6sp 1xdq500 and 1 piece of s@#t dq200 7sp
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Depends on when you ordered your car.

Golf brochure with the 5 year warranty: http://www.eaglehawk.com.au/download...-web-final.pdf

Golf brochure with standard warranty: http://www.eaglehawk.com.au/download...g-warranty.pdf

Basically, it seems end of July 2013, they switched back to standard warranty. But that doesn't mean anything if they sold it to you with what appears to be standard 5 year warranty. Good luck.
    if i could get my hands on this brochure i could argue thats what i bought the car because it said it had a 5 year warranty on transmission hahaha
    see how we go on Friday. Other then the shudder its such a great versatile car
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag
    Ok so i dropped the car off on friday for its 3 year / 45k service and to report the shuddering gearbox.... although the car is out of warranty by about 7 weeks VW have given us a xmas present and accepted a goodwill claim and will be replacing the clutch packs. Strange thing is that when i picked the car up the shudder has all but disappeared !? how on earth is this possible lol Ive driven about 200kms since picking up the car running around town doing the xmas shopping and its driving better then ever. It has me questioning if i should even bother to go ahead with goodwill claim
    Polo GTI
    T-Roc R
    Tiguan R

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Do it, you won't get another go with them willing to fix it for nix I wouldn't think.

Users Country Flag
    [QUOTE= It has me questioning if i should even bother to go ahead with goodwill claim[/QUOTE]

Most definitely get the clutch pack done as you will get the latest issue with upgraded larger spigot bearing, actuating lever, friction material and an additional 2 year warranty on the work.

Hi all

After 3 years of juddering and software updates, VW finally gave in and installed a new clutch pack in my 2012 1.4 TSI 160PS mk6 golf under warranty.

The clutch part no. is 0AM198140S which I have not been able to find much information on anywhere. On a few popular forums, I came across an older 0AM198140C mentioned.

Does anyone know much about the 0AM198140S ? Is it the same as the latest clutch pack used in the mk7 ?, has the judder/wearing issue been addressed ?, Will the clutch last much longer ?

Since the onset of the judder, I started using manual mode in traffic situations and managed to squeeze 50,000 miles out of the factory clutch pack. However, I am now at a crossroads where I wonder if I should sell the car or use it for another 3 years using manual mode when required.

Thanks

Heya,

I've got an MY14 Wagon with the 7 speed DSG.

I've had shuddering issues from about 6 weeks of ownership. I previously had the mark 6 wagon with the same 7 speed transmission and it was so good to get back into a smooth car - for a while. I would have bought an R wagon at the time if they existed just so I could get away from the 7 speed but they didn't exist...

I finally convinced my dealer to replace the clutch packs and all was well for about another 4-6 weeks and now the issue has returned.

I do notice the issue as a slight loss of power as well and the ACC struggles to make sense of the shudder.

Interesting to see mention of the wastegate rattle. I get a metallic rattling/vibration sound on takeoff especially when the car is colder. Wonder if that's it...

Is there a revised part number that should avoid this issue? My car runs out of warranty in August and I am keen to have this resolved. The last time I had the car in at the dealer, they had it for nearly two weeks (required a sunroof re-fit due to a leak) so I am losing a lot of time with this vehicle that is, otherwise, magic to drive.

I really don't want to go back to the dealer every three months for a cluck pack replacement

Quote Originally Posted by zardoz View Post
    Heya,

I've got an MY14 Wagon with the 7 speed DSG.

I've had shuddering issues from about 6 weeks of ownership. I previously had the mark 6 wagon with the same 7 speed transmission and it was so good to get back into a smooth car - for a while. I would have bought an R wagon at the time if they existed just so I could get away from the 7 speed but they didn't exist...

I finally convinced my dealer to replace the clutch packs and all was well for about another 4-6 weeks and now the issue has returned.

I do notice the issue as a slight loss of power as well and the ACC struggles to make sense of the shudder.

Interesting to see mention of the wastegate rattle. I get a metallic rattling/vibration sound on takeoff especially when the car is colder. Wonder if that's it...

Is there a revised part number that should avoid this issue? My car runs out of warranty in August and I am keen to have this resolved. The last time I had the car in at the dealer, they had it for nearly two weeks (required a sunroof re-fit due to a leak) so I am losing a lot of time with this vehicle that is, otherwise, magic to drive.

I really don't want to go back to the dealer every three months for a cluck pack replacement
    Hey Zardoz ,

Volkswagen has released a revised clutch pack repair kit for the newer 7 speed dsg . I have only recently noticed the new style clutch in the last month or so. This new style clutch ends with a part number G instead of the previous letters L or M and S. As far as I'm aware this new style clutch combats both the squeaking and shuddering issues.

If your unhappy with the way your car is changing gears whether it's a noise or shudder . Call your local dealership voice your complaints and ask for a test drive with a tech or foreman.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Liammm View Post
    Hey Zardoz ,

Volkswagen has released a revised clutch pack repair kit for the newer 7 speed dsg . I have only recently noticed the new style clutch in the last month or so. This new style clutch ends with a part number G instead of the previous letters L or M and S. As far as I'm aware this new style clutch combats both the squeaking and shuddering issues.

If your unhappy with the way your car is changing gears whether it's a noise or shudder . Call your local dealership voice your complaints and ask for a test drive with a tech or foreman.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk
    I've got a test drive with the foreman tomorrow, as they can't seem to find anything wrong this time. Car has approx two weeks left of warranty, so I am very concerned. Just like suspension squeak and wastegate rattles that they can't find, either... nor rattles in the door. Hopefully I can show them *something*.

The loaner vehicle has shudder issues, too! And it's worse!

Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast