Page 205 of 240 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2392

Thread: The Official "I have ordered/received my new MK7 Golf" Thread

Users Country Flag

Mine docked on 14 August and I got it on Tuesday. I'm in Adelaide and had paint protection to be done though, and it needed trucking from wherever it landed. So I would say it depends.
    Last edited by Indoctrine; 22-09-2017 at 02:11 PM.

The ship carrying my R just docked now
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

My R is due to be completed mid Nov, in the country just before the end of the year. **** what a wait....

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    The ship carrying my R just docked now
    Thermopylae? Its pulling into Port Kembla with my Wolfy this morning.
    keen to see how long it takes from port to delivery...dealer indicated only a week. I thought that was a bit unrealistic.

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    Thermopylae? Its pulling into Port Kembla with my Wolfy this morning.
    keen to see how long it takes from port to delivery...dealer indicated only a week. I thought that was a bit unrealistic.
    Nah, it's Bess

Well my car arrived in Melbourne last Friday. I thought it would have cleared customs by now but it hasn't.
    Spoke to my dealer yesterday who said the car hasn't arrived at the dealership yet.
    I didn't think it would take over a week to clear customs. Today is a public holiday in Melbourne so now the car won't arrive to the dealership by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, at the minimum, you would think.
    I am hoping for pickup in the next 2 weeks if nothing goes wrong.
    It's so close now I can touch it and yet it's so far away and feels longer than the boat ride... Hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Well my car arrived in Melbourne last Friday. I thought it would have cleared customs by now but it hasn't.
    Spoke to my dealer yesterday who said the car hasn't arrived at the dealership yet.
    I didn't think it would take over a week to clear customs. Today is a public holiday in Melbourne so now the car won't arrive to the dealership by Tuesday or Wednesday next week, at the minimum, you would think.
    I am hoping for pickup in the next 2 weeks if nothing goes wrong.
    It's so close now I can touch it and yet it's so far away and feels longer than the boat ride... Hahaha
    What stage is your car at on the WWL tracking site....has it reached “delivered from” status? Mine achieved that stage on the 27th but I’m not sure if that is before or after customs.

MY18 Golf R Wolfsburg Oryx White
    MY10 Skoda Octavia RS Race Blue...sold

Quote Originally Posted by Schvengb View Post
    What stage is your car at on the WWL tracking site....has it reached “delivered from” status? Mine achieved that stage on the 27th but I’m not sure if that is before or after customs.
    Yes, it was "Delivered From" on 26/09.
    Line Release on 19/09 and Discharged on 23/09

Users Country Flag
    My understanding is that once the cars have been unloaded (not that quick a process) and clear customs, they then have to wait for VW approval to be inspected and receive the compliance plates. Once that is all done they then are scheduled by Patricks for delivery to the various dealerships. The dealerships then have to go through all the pre-delivery of removing the protective coatings etc. When you think about all the steps involved plus the number of cars being imported it's not really surprising at the length of time from landing to delivery.
    Indium Grey Golf 7.5 Alltrack 135tdi Premium - all options

Schvengb, any idea if your car has arrived at your dealership yet?
    MK7.5 R|Lapiz Blue|DAP|Sunroof|Tint
    SOLD MK7 GTI|DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Panoramic Sunroof|Bi-Xenon Lights|Driver Assist|Tint|Euro Plates
    SOLD MK6 GTI|5 Door DSG|Carbon Steel|Leather|Sunroof|Electric Driver Seat|MDI|Tint

Page 205 of 240 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast